What 260’ looks like

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
He had never seen or watched FP before, he got absolutely hooked on coming to and watching Anna's games. He said (his words) that baseball could get overly boring, and that playing SS, on a routine grounder he said he could bobble the ball twice and eat a sandwich and still throw the baserunner out! 😆 And that in FP it was so bang-bang that the fielder had to not only be super clean but get rid of the ball lightening fast! The speed of the game is what hooked him!
Well considering he played both pitcher and SS, but was going to pitch in college, it sounded the bold happened a lot...I hope she dumped him.

Jun 8, 2016
I still prefer watching (adults) play baseball over softball.. 🤷‍♂️ I will admit that youth baseball on a full size field can be a bore.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Just my .02

move bases back 5ft. Make defense a thing again. limit the ball or the bat A little. Don’t care which one. I like speed. would like to see the outfield fences back a bit too. 20ft maybe. Give the outfielders more of a chance to make a play.

Jun 8, 2016
I love both, but I don't have the urge to make one more like the other.
Me either. I do seem to see more HR in college fastpitch which seem to not be barreled up as compared to MLB. I wouldn’t mind seeing the fences be at 225’ but it isn’t a huge deal.

Nov 8, 2020
Me either. I do seem to see more HR in college fastpitch which seem to not be barreled up as compared to MLB. I wouldn’t mind seeing the fences be at 225’ but it isn’t a huge deal.
A larger outfield gives the outfielders more opportunity to make great plays. 225' isn't bad, 225' down the line, 250' to center may be good.
The game last weekend the OF was playing deep, they'd take 8 to 10 steps and they were at the fence.

If they're going to use the current bats I think 245' down the lines, 275' to center would be good, there will still be home runs but the player has to barrel it up and drive it, pop a ball up.

You ever seen them set up 200' fences on a multi-purpose field? The dirt is 120-140' from the plate, the OF is standing in it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hey CLUELESS
The sport of fastpitch was purposely changed
To have a much faster flight ball to purposely speed up the game.
Also More batters started making contact because the pitching was moved back 3 feet.

By creating a ball that flies much farther and faster....
(Yes the bats have made a difference... Lighter)
More hits
Harder hits
Hits going over the fence
More base runners
= More action
= More FANS
= MORE POPULAR SPORT
RESULTS... IT HAPPENED!!!
The sport has grown massively!!!!!--

*****its the ball ~~~
in itself travels much harder and faster than the old ball!!!!!
The exterior materialis and core CHANGED TO PRODUCE more performance off the bat.

No No No...
do not have to change the Outfield fences , do not have
to change the 60' bases.
***The sport was purposely changed
***To create MORE BASE RUNNERS,
By harder hits and hits the could actually reach the Fence and have home runs be part of the game.
More exciting for fans !!!!!!!!!!
Which
Created the sport at the speed of which you are seeing Fastpitch played today.

it's pretty obvious that certain people have no clue to the history of this sport!!!
And certain others not being able to acknowledg this
Then ....the sillyness wanting to change the whole damn ball field.... that's been the same for years and years...
what's changed is the ball
And pitching was moved back!!!!

All that and this,
remember about a year and a half or two years ago they created the new pitching rules for pitchers don't have to keep both feet on the rubber. I think that's an attempt to help balance out the situation with the large growth of batting averages.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Hey CLUELESS
They sport of fastpitch was pureposely changed
To have a much faster flight ball to pureposely speed up the game.
AND More batters started making contact because the pitching was moved back 3 feet.

By creating a ball that flies much farther and faster....
(Yes the bats have made a difference... Lighter)

its the ball ~~~in itself travels much harder and faster than the old ball!!!!!
The exterior materialistic and core CHANGED TO PRODUCE more performance off the bat.

No No No...
do not have to change the Outfield fences , do not have
the 60' bases.
The sport was purposely changed
To create MORE BASE RUNNERS,
By harder hits and hits the could actually reach tje France and have so.e home runs.
More exciting for fans !!!!!!!!!!

Created the sport at the speed of which you are seeing Fastpitch played today. it's pretty obvious that without people that have no clue to the history of this sport not being ablt to acknowledg this ....the sillyness you're wanting to change the whole damn ball field.... that's been the same for years and years... what's changed is the ball !!!!

remember about a year and a half or two years ago they created the new pitching rules for pitchers don't have to keep both feet on the rubber. I think that's an attempt to help balance out the situation with the large growth of batting averages. So don't think for one minute set this is a mistake with your staying out on the field it was purposely designed to be the speed of the game you are seeing here today
Fence could be moved back..too many pop up HR. Personally I think good contact should be rewarded. Oklahoma State is 190 down the lines. Everything else should stay the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heatherann2006