What 260’ looks like

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
DD plays with a girl who hit this bomb in high school last week. The ball cleared the 200' fence easily 40 feet above it. 250' is a
conservative estimate. (Talk was 275'-300') I caught it on camera (it was in the air forever) and at this point in the picture the ball is well past the 200' fence and still 30 feet in the air. (The yellow fence is 7' high) It cleared the 200' fence just about at apogee. You can see the umpire admiring the shot. The umpire even commented about it to me. DD played travel with the hitter and she was the first on her travel team to put one over the fence ... at 9U. She's a sophomore (15) now.

Attachments

• IMG_1830.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
That animation is obviously not to scale.or something else is wonky since home to third is 60 feet and if you look at that distance and compare it to the distance that ball landed beyond the OF fence (200 ft?) they are not even comparable.

Dec 15, 2019
That animation is obviously not to scale.or something else is wonky since home to third is 60 feet and if you look at that distance and compare it to the distance that ball landed beyond the OF fence (200 ft?) they are not even comparable.

I would agree if that's the actual spot of where it landed that looks to be at least 100 feet beyond the fence.

Dec 11, 2010
X is definitely in the wrong spot. I always thought the distance is where it first hits but she counts where the dude/child pick it up. Makes me think different people look at it different ways.

Yet…

1) I’m not arguing with Coach Anderson. She scares me a little. 🤣

2) Malvo really is one of the best in the business.

Mar 20, 2019
The X is way off I got a rough estimate of 260ish to front of the blacktop where the ball landed. That X is well over 300, non the less that was a damn impressive shot!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
DD plays with a girl who hit this bomb in high school last week. The ball cleared the 200' fence easily 40 feet above it. 250' is a
conservative estimate. (Talk was 275'-300') I caught it on camera (it was in the air forever) and at this point in the picture the ball is well past the 200' fence and still 30 feet in the air. (The yellow fence is 7' high) It cleared the 200' fence just about at apogee. You can see the umpire admiring the shot. The umpire even commented about it to me. DD played travel with the hitter and she was the first on her travel team to put one over the fence ... at 9U. She's a sophomore (15) now.
At first glance wasnt certain what i was looking at...
Then the little dot soaring.

about 4 years ago I had a catching and hitting student who went to the Dartmouth Camp here in California. (Dartmouth comes out and host of fantastic camp for their college it's pretty pricey at the time it was just over three hundred bucks)

At the end during live game scrimmage the Dartmouth Coach standing 15 feet away outside the fence...
Student hits this bomb over the left Fielder's head that took off just as you described. Watched it sore and by the time it leveled out it still had momentum.

Some bombs are bigger than others.
... :cool: ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying