Well, here it is...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
One of my younger sisters would always give people the pinky since my mom would get mad if she gave the finger. My mom had to explain to her that the finger itself wasn't the problem. It was the intent behind it.

Still, the pinky kind of became a thing for us. There's a picture I'm not going to post of my three sisters and I all giving the pinky at my wedding.

Total tangent: My students started biting their thumbs at one another after we read Romeo and Juliet last year. They just like to think they are getting away with something ...

... like many coaches and crow hoppers. 😋

Feb 14, 2019
You should watch some old videos of Mike pitching and tell me if his leaping didn't give him an advantage. The point is he's not impartial. He can say it gives no discernable advantage, but he never pitched with a drag.
Help me understand something here...in one post you refer to leaping as "bad mechanics" and in another you talk about leaping giving an advantage. If it's an advantage, wouldn't that make it superior mechanics??? ;)

In all seriousness though, my kid's a leaper and I haven't been able to break her of the habit in 4 years of pitching. I personally feel like it's hindering her development as a pitcher. Now if she could re-plant, I'd probably feel differently...

Feb 15, 2017
Help me understand something here...in one post you refer to leaping as "bad mechanics" and in another you talk about leaping giving an advantage. If it's an advantage, wouldn't that make it superior mechanics??? ;)

In all seriousness though, my kid's a leaper and I haven't been able to break her of the habit in 4 years of pitching. I personally feel like it's hindering her development as a pitcher. Now if she could re-plant, I'd probably feel differently...
Sounds like it is time for a pitching coach.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feb 14, 2019
Sounds like it is time for a pitching coach.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
She'd definitely gain a lot from seeing a quality, IR instructor and then putting in the work. Those are nearly non-existent where we live, though.

Pitching is only something she started doing because she'd have to do it on our school team (rural OK, K-8 school). She probably won't continue pitching when she gets to 9th grade unless she has to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut