Well, here it is...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I guess the only thing that frustrates me a little about it is the fact that for years many of us did what the rule stated and taught our girls to drag - even though some started out as leapers. They worked tirelessly to correct the flaw. Even though some say there is no advantage, I definitely believe that there is. So now those pitchers who were illegal the whole time and didn’t get called on it will also get rewarded with the rule change. It is what it is.
^^^^^ this right here is the top comment.

Jun 8, 2016
I guess the only thing that frustrates me a little about it is the fact that for years many of us did what the rule stated and taught our girls to drag - even though some started out as leapers. They worked tirelessly to correct the flaw. Even though some say there is no advantage, I definitely believe that there is. So now those pitchers who were illegal the whole time and didn’t get called on it will also get rewarded with the rule change. It is what it is.
You can rest well knowing that you will go straight to heaven, straight past all those LPPs stuck in purgatory...

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Funny, I was just having a discussion with my DD (and DW) about this rule change and I had just said essentially the exact same thing as above and then scrolled to the next page of the thread and read your post. Agree completely. I've been telling my DD for the last 5 yrs or so that I didn't care if she leaped within reason (it was doubtful she'd ever get called for it anyway) and the cue of just trying to lightly brush her toenails with the drag foot wasn't always lifting the anchor enough. So she's been working on this already in some ways. She's got one (maybe two if she uses the Covid eligibility in Grad school) so not going to try and teach and get away with any kind of replant.

Dec 11, 2010

Funny, I was just having a discussion with my DD (and DW) about this rule change and I had just said essentially the exact same thing as above and then scrolled to the next page of the thread and read your post. Agree completely. I've been telling my DD for the last 5 yrs or so that I didn't care if she leaped within reason (it was doubtful she'd ever get called for it anyway) and the cue of just trying to lightly brush her toenails with the drag foot wasn't always lifting the anchor enough. So she's been working on this already in some ways. She's got one (maybe two if she uses the Covid eligibility in Grad school) so not going to try and teach and get away with any kind of replant.

These are great posts and I can appreciate this.

I don’t think I understand pitching mechanics enough to comment, but that isn’t going to stop me!

Looking in from the outside as a guy whose kid stopped pitching around 14u, working on dragging does not seem like wasted effort. It seems like that is something that should only work in the pitchers favor long term.

It does suck that pitchers that never put any work into this seemingly won’t ever pay a price. The universe will even this out in the long run though!

May 17, 2012
Ahhhh. So it's your belief that if the NCAA says it's so, then it's an absolute fact?

Lol...........................

Do you know who the "NCAA" is in this instance? I do. It's the "NCAA Softball Rules Committee" and the "Playing Rules Oversight Panel".

So while you may dismiss what Mike White and Janelle Breneman say about pitching, I do not.

Good grief....

Jun 8, 2016
Do you know who the "NCAA" is in this instance? I do. It's the "NCAA Softball Rules Committee" and the "Playing Rules Oversight Panel".

So while you may dismiss what Mike White and Janelle Breneman say about pitching, I do not.

Good grief....
Looks like Mike was sick of getting beat by Jordy so he wanted to even the playing field..

Last edited: