Utrip World Series, no score board?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
SO TRUE! LOL
I was team mom for our 8U team and the girls were always asking what the score was. It was usually like 10-2 not in our favor. I would just say, "Don't worry about it! Just go play hard!"

I still get "did we win?" in 12U TB - SMH. Most of the time I don't answer.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We're in PCB for USFA this weekend and also no score boards at at least one of the parks. It's so annoying to me, even in regular tournaments. At these big ones it's even more so.

The ones in Frank Brown park usually worked in the past, but the remote fields are a crapshoot at best.

Jun 12, 2015
The ones in Frank Brown park usually worked in the past, but the remote fields are a crapshoot at best.

We played one at Frank Brown today and there was no one keeping score. That was our 3rd park, all without score boards working (one w/ no score boards at all). New park tomorrow for bracket #2 so we'll see. If we lose, it's all beach after that.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
The only working scoreboards that we saw this year were the ones that counted down the time on the clock in showcases. No need to know what the score is.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Through 4 years of playing travel, DD has been to 1 tourney/WS/park that used scoreboards.

What's so important about scoreboards? Doesn't everyone watching know the score/count/situation?

I'm sure you're needing the sarcasm font but for the hype of the tourney, for bracket play, that scoreboards would be used.

I know our scorekeeper so if I lose track I just ask her :)

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Speaking from my local experience, we had two very large invitational tournament that were played across 12 - 16 fields that always used scorekeepers and scoreboards on each field. Last year the TD decided he no longer wanted to pay those people to do that. So for the last two years in these tournaments, we don't have scoreboards.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Utrip World Series Orlando. First bracket game and no scoreboards? Idk but that seems pretty odd to me. On the plus side, they didn't check our coolers at all. And I recorded the games with no issues.

Never been to a tourney at ESPN/WWOS where they did not work. But as some said you need to have someone run it. I would ask around next time and they should hook you up.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Interesting.
This year the small tournaments had scoreboards, the big ones did not. Including the one my DD 3's organization sponsered.
In one tournament they had a scoreboard but nobody to run it, so I ran the scoreboard half of the games.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Never been to a tourney at ESPN/WWOS where they did not work. But as some said you need to have someone run it. I would ask around next time and they should hook you up.

I would have ran them if they would have had them running. Our opening bracket games were not at WWOS though. (10U open.)

Its not a huge deal really but just odd that you would have a bracket game in a tourney that big and not have scoreboards available.

Jun 11, 2013
I still get "did we win?" in 12U TB - SMH. Most of the time I don't answer.

If it makes it any better our 14U soon to more to 16 still has a couple ask the same question. Sometimes it's a 2 part. What was the score . 14-1. Did we win?

I once had a girl ask that in 10U when we won 15-0 and I looked at her and asked how many times she recalled the other team doing the I just stepped on Home Plate Cheer. She was also our catcher so presumably didn't see 15 kids cross HP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06