Flabbergasted

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
Will also add - most TB umpires I see tracking score and innings is to help them stay aware of run-rule situations.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Another weird one today..
We're playing the best team in our class who is currently undefeated. Throwing that out there because you would think the person keeping score would have some expertise.

We're pitching. 1 out and girl on 2nd.
Batter lays down a nice bunt and gets to first.
Girl on 2nd goes to third.
Next girl up hits a grounder to 3rd, 3rd base checks the runner and throws to 1st
Runner on 3rd goes and 1st base throws her out at home.
Double play - end the inning!

I went to check their GC a little while later to see how they scored a play later in the game.
Somehow they scored that the batter who bunted got to 1st and that the girl on 2nd....was thrown out at home.
Then the next girl just grounded out.
Did we watch the same game? How do you have your player out before she even tried to go home??
I can't think of any reason why they'd score it this way? Don't want them to hit into a DP?

Jun 8, 2016
Another weird one today..
We're playing the best team in our class who is currently undefeated. Throwing that out there because you would think the person keeping score would have some expertise.

We're pitching. 1 out and girl on 2nd.
Batter lays down a nice bunt and gets to first.
Girl on 2nd goes to third.
Next girl up hits a grounder to 3rd, 3rd base checks the runner and throws to 1st
Runner on 3rd goes and 1st base throws her out at home.
Double play - end the inning!

I went to check their GC a little while later to see how they scored a play later in the game.
Somehow they scored that the batter who bunted got to 1st and that the girl on 2nd....was thrown out at home.
Then the next girl just grounded out.
Did we watch the same game? How do you have your player out before she even tried to go home??
I can't think of any reason why they'd score it this way? Don't want them to hit into a DP?
They probably were not paying attention or got behind.

I scored my son’s 8u game last week and a few times while I was trying to score a kid getting on with a single and then scoring on 20 overthrows I got behind (didn’t help that it was my first time scoring on GC) sh*# happens 🤷🏽‍♂️

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
They probably were not paying attention or got behind.

I scored my son’s 8u game last week and a few times while I was trying to score a kid getting on with a single and then scoring on 20 overthrows I got behind..sh*# happens 🤷🏽‍♂️
Are you sure that wasn't a Red Sox game?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles