Weird scoring

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2015
the funniest (or saddest) scoring blunders are that blatant ones done to slant stats away from one specific player.

example, HS game. I personally watched 3b throw 5 balls well over 1b head in a game. I mean 60mph+ and 8' high and rising. 6' tall 1b, could not even leap and get glove on any of the balls. and all 5 were scored E3.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD last travel tourney the GC mom decided to go to the Bahamas instead which left me with the GC duties and recruiting. I'm on the outside of the fences chatting with colleges and doing GC. I feel sorry for the parents who were following from home. I had a few messy innings mixed in through the week.

May 27, 2022
Yeah. We never posted stats on anything for recruiting. Other than weekly email updates to the coaches from the weekend games or HS games. But no summary on profile pages.

Ok, I get that.

But, the 'weekend summary', did that include # hits or batting average? If so, where did that come from?

I get that some parents don't know how to properly score a game. But, I took it serious and considered those stats to be to the letter of the rules. I would also preload any opponents rosters and load their lineups into each game. And, to be honest, the High School stats I took ended up the the state's database for all to see. But, if a parent isn't diligent, I get it.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Ok, I get that.

But, the 'weekend summary', did that include # hits or batting average? If so, where did that come from?

I get that some parents don't know how to properly score a game. But, I took it serious and considered those stats to be to the letter of the rules. I would also preload any opponents rosters and load their lineups into each game. And, to be honest, the High School stats I took ended up the the state's database for all to see. But, if a parent isn't diligent, I get it.
The summary is basically see attached video of HR and double from Tues night game. Never provided a listing of GC stats. Just provided glimpses of what she did. She attended lots of camps. I have a video of my DD hitting her very first HR against a poor pitcher. I will not post that video. LOL!

DO NOT TRUST MAX Preps or GC stats. It has been well discussed on this board. I am sure your stats and "most" parents do a good job. I took my job seriously as well. But in all reality, parents are the only ones looking at those online stats and some coaches. DD's HS coaches were too dumb and didn't even know what Max preps was.

For college recruiting purposes: College Coaches can't rely on stats nor do they care....unless a pitcher is going 0.05 ERA with 300K's or a kid hits 23 bombs in a season. That might pique their interest. Once the coach sees video or see them in person, they can pretty much tell based on their level whether or not they will pursue this player.

Jun 8, 2016
The summary is basically see attached video of HR and double from Tues night game. Never provided a listing of GC stats. Just provided glimpses of what she did. She attended lots of camps. I have a video of my DD hitting her very first HR against a poor pitcher. I will not post that video. LOL!

DO NOT TRUST MAX Preps or GC stats. It has been well discussed on this board. I am sure your stats and "most" parents do a good job. I took my job seriously as well. But in all reality, parents are the only ones looking at those online stats and some coaches. DD's HS coaches were too dumb and didn't even know what Max preps was.

For college recruiting purposes: College Coaches can't rely on stats nor do they care....unless a pitcher is going 0.05 ERA with 300K's or a kid hits 23 bombs in a season. That might pique their interest. Once the coach sees video or see them in person, they can pretty much tell based on their level whether or not they will pursue this player.
Plus I could probably 1.0000 in t-ball..doesn’t mean I am any good. Unless somebody knows your schedule the stats don’t mean much..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles