twist in motion?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Are those guys around now? Keller and Taylor were the 2 that threw against the Seals, ?

Was one of them a lefty for the Seals?

Do they come into Wi for tournaments now?

Last edited:

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Do, you have contact with them, curious if they would remember that game(s), it was publicized on their behalf as to the title they held, and the Madison, team, i believe was an all star team, but could have been 2 of the top teams there at that time, i would believe it was the late 60's and was 2 real good games. I am quite sure one was the lefty and Joe's name sounds familiar,

Does this current team come to Wi for tournaments or are there none here in there class?

I know 2 guys in the area that played in Madison at the time Taylor and Keller were there, they both give lessons here in the area, the 2 i know.

Last edited:

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
Ricketts twists too, but that must be to hide her grip, but why would she hide her grip when all her grips must be the same crop grip. They called it a crop meaning curve drop,on TV, but it's actually a cross corner rollover drop, that she throws around her hip. So it can't be a reminder for her to open up and throw in front of her...She just does it because she saw J Train do it, I presume.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
I wish Bill would come on here or someone who knows more about the twist, and explain it and the reason for it. I tried to give my nickle worth, but it didn't make 2 cents worth of infor.

Dec 20, 2012
Ricketts twists too, but that must be to hide her grip, but why would she hide her grip when all her grips must be the same crop grip. They called it a crop meaning curve drop,on TV, but it's actually a cross corner rollover drop, that she throws around her hip. So it can't be a reminder for her to open up and throw in front of her...She just does it because she saw J Train do it, I presume.

Rickettes stays almost completely open when throwing her drop curve. And yes elite pitchers often copy one another..... sarcasm

Dec 20, 2012
That's what I'm trying to say is the only real elite College pitchers,not throwers are Chelsea Thomas of Mizzou and Ivy and Ellen Renfroe of Tenn. The rest are just big throwers with mainly speed and no real idea of what they are doing. That includes Traina Ricketts. and Dallas E JMHO

REALLY??? ahahahaha! Of the 291 DI softball teams there only 3 girls that are "PITCHERS". the 600+ others are throwing 65+ and that's how they get by? That is the DUMBEST statement I've read to date on this forum. Top DI programs make a habit of starting kids that have no idea as to what they are doing. I bet Gasso has trouble letting Ricketts know what she wants her to do.

Gasso: Your in Ricketts.
Ricketts: What you want me to do coach?
Gasso: Throw hard!
Ricketts: That all?
Gasso: Throw some that aren't as hard.
Rickettes: OK coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar