Turn the barrel???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
BautistaTake1.gif
BautistaTake2.gif

Here you go Mann.

I think it was Tewks who found the barrel path of takes to be interesting ... and for a good reason.

2wp13zr.gif

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Of coarse FiveFrame, its not final velocity, The question is When, it is created.

To me, the whip is from the deltoid on.

Cannonball. I also had my younger daughter experiment with tip and rip, I used it also.
she got into a habit of a ferris wheel swing, every time.

For me, I hit one over the center field fence, first try at it. I believed it helped me create a better stretch.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Mann, re-read your earlier question ... it was about maximum acceleration.

Maximum acceleration is obtained, in part, by swinging within one-self .... i.e., not interrupting, or limiting the sequence, by over-swinging. The sequence is key. Is your question when does the sequence begin?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Of coarse FiveFrame, its not final velocity, The question is When, it is created.

Cannonball. I also had my younger daughter experiment with tip and rip, I used it also.

For me, I hit one over the center field fence, first try at it. I believed it helped me create a better stretch.
2wp13zr.gif

Mann do you see the barrel moving before it gets to the deltoid? I believe it is created/starts before the deltoid.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

Mann if that is/maybe true? Why not just hit from the Deltoid drill/Torque drill position?

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Hold on before you leave rdbass... You just said something that might make a BUNCH of sense to me.

"It depends on the pitched ball the amount of torque/barrel turn"

For example, are you saying that a low pitch would require more torque/barrel turn? Or am I misunderstanding that statement?

This is a great example of why pro's do not torque the barrel.
If you wait to slot, till you know where the pitch is, you are going to be late.
To torque or not to torque, will cause you to be late.

R

RayR

I don't want to name drop, but I remember the Rock when he was Dwayne running around the streets of Hamden CT...if you can smell...well you get the point....

it doesn"t matter what you're partial to!!!! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse