Barrel dropping creating bat drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Yep it's a drill in isolation, needs to be understood. I don't believe in keeping all the weight on the back leg, so please use with caution

Oct 2, 2017
I think it's because of a kids understand how they perceive the swing. Which they view as swinging in a circle. Which is not correct. So they drop the barrel and swing around because it feels strong to them. The drag is just a symptom in which they can't do anything but that lol

Jul 29, 2013
I think it's because of a kids understand how they perceive the swing. Which they view as swinging in a circle. Which is not correct. So they drop the barrel and swing around because it feels strong to them. The drag is just a symptom in which they can't do anything but that lol
Why couldn't that barrel drop just be the early movement in a ferris wheel swing path? Wouldn't the continuation of the ferris wheel path be the opposite of swinging around the body?

Oct 2, 2017
Why couldn't that barrel drop just be the early movement in a ferris wheel swing path? Wouldn't the continuation of the ferris wheel path be the opposite of swinging around the body?
A young player dropping the barrel and swinging flat with drag is different than ttb and the early barrel movement. When a young player does it they generally they are trying to find a position to hit from.

Jul 29, 2013
A young player dropping the barrel and swinging flat with drag is different than ttb and the early barrel movement. When a young player does it they generally they are trying to find a position to hit from.
If so, then why try to eliminate the start of a good movement by implementing a really bad movement, "knob to ball" or "chopping down- 2 tee drill?"
The best thing would be to show them not to drag the bat from that dropped barrel position but instead to continue it's rotation by pulling back on the handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00