Timing of negative move

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2015
I agree with timing the ball, not just the pitcher (this is something that we have been working on with my DD's 12U team recently, and it's helped them tremendously). However, reading the timing of the ball starts as soon as the pitcher starts moving the ball.

How are you working on timing the ball? Ha...by not timing then pitcher is what I call timing the ball.

Dec 1, 2015
HC said so...so that makes it right..and you say he doesn't teach a linear push swing when that's what he has always done.

Dec 1, 2015
Sync up with the ball at some point might be the most ignorant statement I've ever heard in relation to hitting

Dec 1, 2015
Dadofdirt....you asked the question. Its a very basic question. Hitting 101 really. I d pay attention and ask questions and make your own decision on what's right. I'd do that instead of trying to be funny guy! You need to do your homework if you ask such basic questions...the on es that refute what I say simply don't know what they are talking about.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
How are you working on timing the ball? Ha...by not timing then pitcher is what I call timing the ball.

As long as the pitcher is holding the ball, the hitter should be paying attention the the movement of the ball while still in the pitcher's hand, which will provide a cue for the start of the swing process. The timing of the swing launch is in response to the ball in flight, after it has already been pitched.

From what you have described, it seems that you are waiting to get started until after the ball is in flight before starting the swing process. Unless you're talking about slow-pitch, you're going to struggle - badly - to be on time.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2015
Dadofdirt....you asked the question. Its a very basic question. Hitting 101 really. I d pay attention and ask questions and make your own decision on what's right. I'd do that instead of trying to be funny guy! You need to do your homework if you ask such basic questions...the on es that refute what I say simply don't know what they are talking about.

LOL. Gotcha. You're the expert....so advanced that you give 3 word answers that are not clear OR applicable. Sorry. I don't have an ego. I live in reality. I know I have alot to learn (kinda thought that's what I was doing by asking experts for their opinion about a specific question). So, other than attempting to (and horribly might I add) ridicule someone new to the sport and anyone who challenges your concepts, do you have anything else to offer? Your answer to my question was "Time the ball". Got it. Now scurry along to someone who finds your answers enlightening and life-changing. This ain't the thread for you.

Dec 1, 2015
Balls in the air...foots in the air...time the ball..Sorry I couldn't help you. Time the ball from release.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01