What ultimate pitching level for your daughter do you hope your and her efforts and commitment will achieve?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What ultimate pitching level for your daughter do you hope for your/her efforts?

• 1. Recreational Team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6. Professional/Olympic Team

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SETPRO

DFP Vendor
Dec 28, 2023
My ordering/definition of commitment levels was not meant to belittle all other college pitching programs/competitive level as compared to D1. And there are many non-D1 programs that can beat D1 programs on the playing field. But in the overall hierarchy of college sports D1 is perceived to be most desirable competitive level as well as having greater ability to offer resources (scholarships/exposure). And from a generalized polling perspective of hierarchies D1 versus non D1 was done for the sake of poll expediency. Again no intent on my part to pass judgment on specific programs.

Jan 25, 2022
Mine is already pitching as far as she wanted to go. She's a sophomore so we have a couple more years to keep working to improve and give her team more opportunities to win against tougher opponents. That's really always been the goal. Just have fun and help her team to the best of her ability.

Personally, I'd also like her to be able to pass it on after she gets out of school by teaching lessons. When our schools merge, the majority of the more serious players will likely always come from the other side of the county, but we can always send great pitchers over if we establish something here. Plus it would be a great side income she can always have available. She's been receptive to that idea.

Nov 9, 2021
I personally hope she pitches in college just so I can watch her play longer. But that decision is ultimately hers. Just trying to enjoy where she is currently at and let the future take care of itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just want to see a huge smile on my 8u daughter's face when she strikes out her former teammate bestie. They ended up on different teams this season. Her friend is the best pitcher, catcher, and hitter by far in our rec league. Would be a great accomplishment for my daughter :)

Aug 21, 2008
It's sad the way some people classify college ball as either D1 or everything else somewhere down below.
Amen. Well said. And this gets perpetuated worse these days via social media, where coaches like to make big shout outs to their students who sign to a D1 school. Extra extra if it's a P5 school. If a student of theirs signs to a NAIA school or something "lesser" then they post zero about it. Although my all time favorite is the actual websites where the coaches list where all their students are at, which schools. Now to most of their credit, they do list the smaller schools, D3, NAIA, JuCo, etc. also. But personally I've always been against that. The way I see it, every kid I see gets the exact same training. What they do with it and how much they work plays a huge role. So does genetics, overall athletic ability, body awareness, etc. We've all had students that very clearly weren't cut out to be pitchers!!! But if they love it, and they love doing the work, I will ALWAYS keep working with them. I've only had to do this a hand full of times but, I'm not afraid to send mom/dad an email and tell them they're wasting their time and money. Again, not because the kid simply isn't good. But because they don't want to do this. They don't practice, they constantly look at the clock or ask what time it is, OR, the best is when they seem to purposely miss balls thrown to them just so it stalls time.

I think my new favorite trend is the kids who put up pictures of the mail they received from schools, as if they are scholarship offers, personal letters from the coach, etc. 99% of the time all that means is the kid filled out the online questionnaire and checked the box that asked if they'd like to receive mail about camps, events, and be on the mailing list. Is this a bad thing? I guess not. But, it can be a little deceiving and misrepresenting what those letters actually are.
I guess we all have our pet peeves. lol

Apr 20, 2017
I’m a firm believer that there is a place for everyone that wants to play in college. But I know there are many factors that contribute to what level they achieve and what they are willing to trade/sacrifice for it. I have seen naia players that play because they love the game. And for them it’s what fit their life the best. It’s great when girls get to enjoy and still have fun playing this game in college at any level. I always told my DD I would help her and try to supply her with the opportunities and tools to achieve anything she wanted. But I told her I couldn’t do it or buy it for her. I always made her earn everything she has gotten from this sport. Her dream/ goal has always been to play at the WCWS. She has worked her tail off and sacrificed many opportunities away from softball over the years chasing this dream. As parents we have traveled all over, suppled lessons, equipment and support for her journey. But we have always let her steer the ship with some parental guidance. But last week she committed to a top 5 program. So we will see in a few years if she really reaches her goal but she has gotten off to a great start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles