the real deal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
Thought I would post a video of a young lady who is a Sophmore in H.S. still 15 I believe. She has recently signed a letter of intent to play at Missouri. Some of you may know who she is as she was the number one recruit for the class of 2013. Missouri, Arizona, UCLA and others were interested. Anyway she has been clocked as recently as the ASA Nationals at 68 mph, although in this video she was coming off of an elbow injury so I am sure she may be off that a bit. So I though what better way to see why she generates so much speed( and yes I know speed isn't everything, but she has a rise, screw, drop, curve and change, to go along with that speed). The 1st thing my daughter and I noticed was the quickness she has off the rubber and her arm whip. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
Can't tell how fast she's pitching from the video. If she really is that fast, I suspect a lot of raw athletic ability and a very high percentage of twitch muscle fiber. Her mechanics are, er, unorthodox.

-W

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Is she that Shamrock pitcher? Impressive speed. To my untrained eye, she seems to be swimming with her glove and off-balance on the follow through but boy can she bring the heat..

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
Unorthodox? Lisa Fernandez said her mechanics were outstanding(paraphrasing, may have said impeccable, but I was not sure how to spell it. Yes she is the Shamrock.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Yep, she's one of the Shamrock girls... they're quite the interesting crew. I remember going to softball camps when I was little. I'd travel two hours, six hours, and there would always be some of them there. They were quite the bunch, like little softball robots. But they were good, partly because their coaches made them work hard. The level of instruction there is something else. It was unreal to me that some of the places that they'd been, the people they'd seen, and the level of ball all of them were at. I was a little kid from rural VA and we were far behind the times, let me tell you. The most intriguing thing about them was definitely one of their older girls who was in one of my groups at one of the camps and she told us about her trip to Japan to play softball in a tournament there.

I wish I had some longer video segments on her, I can't tell much from something that fast.

Jul 26, 2010
Unorthodox? Lisa Fernandez said her mechanics were outstanding(paraphrasing, may have said impeccable, but I was not sure how to spell it. Yes she is the Shamrock.

I think unorthodox is fair. I'm not questioning her ability, but if you told me that "impeccable" pitching mechanics were to point your glove at first base, keep your hips square to the catcher, and stumble towards third at release without providing context, would you fault me for looking at you funny?

She nearly hit the batter with the pitch in the video (batter did a great job fouling that off), so I'm guessing it isn't the best example of her work. Clearly with so many accolades she has talent, it'd just be nice to see some footage that went along with that.

-W

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi