Pitching and Catching same practice glove side injury?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Does she take pitching lessons? I assume she does but if not, that could help correct anything that might be causing pain.

Jun 14, 2019
Does she take pitching lessons? I assume she does but if not, that could help correct anything that might be causing pain.
Her team assistant coach was a college pitcher and was giving them to her before winter, but we didn't have an indoor space for them in off season. It is starting to warm back up so hoping to get her back into lessons soon.

Oct 4, 2018
Her team assistant coach was a college pitcher and was giving them to her before winter, but we didn't have an indoor space for them in off season. It is starting to warm back up so hoping to get her back into lessons soon.

If you have the inclination, Tincher pitching has "keep the girls healthy" as their number one guiding principle. It's why we chose them. And of course their track record is great and many D1 pitchers used Tincher.

Just one idea. You can click this link to see if there are instructors near you:

Jun 14, 2019
If you have the inclination, Tincher pitching has "keep the girls healthy" as their number one guiding principle. It's why we chose them. And of course their track record is great and many D1 pitchers used Tincher.

Just one idea. You can click this link to see if there are instructors near you:

I have looked into Tincher but the closest coach to us over 3 hrs away.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I agree about choosing a position. She always just wanted to catch but is becoming a good pitcher. Being left handed also makes pitching more long term for her. She is often the workhorse of her teams so transitioning to taking care of her body is new for her.
At higher levels of play, it's hard to P and play 1B. It's impossible to P and C. It's too much.

Jun 14, 2019
At higher levels of play, it's hard to P and play 1B. It's impossible to P and C. It's too much.
I feel like if she keeps progressing in pitching that her travel coach will not want her to get injured catching. She is in a fix right now as she is the best pitcher and the best catcher on her team. The #2 catcher has trouble catching for her. She has been catching 2 games and pitching 1 or vice versa on a 3 game day.

Oct 4, 2018
I feel like if she keeps progressing in pitching that her travel coach will not want her to get injured catching. She is in a fix right now as she is the best pitcher and the best catcher on her team. The #2 catcher has trouble catching for her. She has been catching 2 games and pitching 1 or vice versa on a 3 game day.

Seems like you might need to find a better team in a year or two...

May 13, 2023
Seems like you might need to find a better team in a year or two...
Or sooner pending if she keeps creating a gap between her own talent and the others on the field.

Definitely playing in the right competition helps assess the individual players true talents better.

Jun 14, 2019
Or sooner pending if she keeps creating a gap between her own talent and the others on the field.

Definitely playing in the right competition helps assess the individual players true talents better.
There is a huge gap this year. Last year she played up 12u instead of 10u and almost all the girls were 2nd year 12u. It was a great fit. This year all those girls moved up and the skill level is just not there with the new girls. She got to play a little 14u last year so hoping he lets her do the same this summer. All the teams practice together so that is also helpful in challenging her a bit more. She has great coaches, so for personal growth she is where she needs to be, but competition wise this year it is gonna be rough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles