The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Im playing the YOU are a whiner card. You can't accept its been done for years and holy cow you didn't know. speaks volumes to your knowledge outside the state you are in. deal with it, yer behind the times. The shoe fits you so well. Go USA Go Barnhill.

Even you agree that Barnhill is a cheat, but I am a whiner because I call her out for it?

Apr 12, 2013
Even you agree that Barnhill is a cheat, but I am a whiner because I call her out for it?

Cheat? Not in my vocabulary for this topic. You either pitch illegally and get called for it by all sanctions throughout your career or you dont. An illegal pitch, OR, 99 illegal pitches is NOT cheating, it is an illegal pitch. Noting more, nothing less. "Cheat"?? that is your "spin" on it hence my amazement at the slamming (regardless of the pitchers name or success), which I translate in to whining. Honestly. That is where you and I differ. Maximizing a skill that I have seen displayed for years? I have no other option but to call that good, damn good, or maybe even the best when it comes to Barnhill. At full speed she really is perfecting that "no air" visible drag. She does it well better than Carda i think, but that stands to reason. There has been a lot more knowledge about the skill shared over the years, since 2011 and prior in Cardas case.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Cheat? Not in my vocabulary for this topic. You either pitch illegally and get called for it by all sanctions throughout your career or you dont. An illegal pitch, OR, 99 illegal pitches is NOT cheating, it is an illegal pitch. Noting more, nothing less. "Cheat"?? that is your "spin" on it hence my amazement at the slamming (regardless of the pitchers name or success), which I translate in to whining. Honestly. That is where you and I differ. Maximizing a skill that I have seen displayed for years? I have no other option but to call that good, damn good, or maybe even the best when it comes to Barnhill. At full speed she really is perfecting that "no air" visible drag. She does it well better than Carda i think, but that stands to reason. There has been a lot more knowledge about the skill shared over the years, since 2011 and prior in Cardas case.

So it is only illegal if she gets caught? Got it! Unfortunately most do not enjoy your moral flexibility. Still at a loss as to how Barnhill who is from Georgia learned the super secret, special elite, leaping mechanics taught for 8 - 10 years in California to only 5% of the pitchers. Did she use Google?

Cheat

noun: cheat; plural noun: cheats

a person who behaves dishonestly in order to gain an advantage.

"At full speed she really is perfecting that "no air" visible drag." Now that is pure fantasy!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2013
I have some different logic. You say I said its only illegal if she gets caught. I did not say that anywhere, that is your comprehension/spin again.

She is doing what she has done in front of thousands of umpires at all meaningful levels, as have many girls for many years. I repeat, now stick with me, She is doing what she has done in front of thousands of umpires at all meaningful levels, as have many girls for many years.

Maybe its just me:

Do you honestly think that the hundreds and thousands of umpires who are not calling this and have not been calling this for years and sure as hell wont be calling it at any level until something changes are all completely wrong?
And you sir are right?
And every girl who is trying to perfect what they see their peers doing right in front of them on national TV should stop right now because you say so? (i understand not just you) I'm really at a loss here. think about that for a minute. just think about the 2 girls on the national team who i have watched for at least 7 years. Now think about all the young girls saying they want to be like them and have also been watching them pitch for years AND are being handed some of the best jobs in the country today and you (again, i know not you) you come along and tell them no no, your idol/superstar/dreaming about star is a cheat, she has a mechanical flaw, here let me show you, she's doing it wrong. you need to do it this way.

I can't be any more clear in how silly that absurd logic is to me. Read it twice if you have to, listen to yourself. I am in absolutely amazement at how easy of a topic this is when for years no one has called it at any level. This happens every year (what is this? a dad calling out an amateur as they are just learning of how other pitchers pitch.) Usually these absurd for the game comments come at a game where we can circle him in real quick and tell him to shut the hell up as that's really not very tactful to a young lady and please, no one calls that, dad.

This (the www) just happens to be a different arena, a new forum to be "that dad" calling out pitchers from the sidelines. Why would i stand for it here? deal with it, dad. Go Barnhill Go USA

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2013
I have some different logic. You say I said its only illegal if she gets caught. I did not say that anywhere, that is your comprehension/spin again.

She is doing what she has done in front of thousands of umpires at all meaningful levels, as have many girls for many years. I repeat, now stick with me, She is doing what she has done in front of thousands of umpires at all meaningful levels, as have many girls for many years.

Maybe its just me:

Do you honestly think that the hundreds and thousands of umpires who are not calling this and have not been calling this for years and sure as hell wont be calling it at any level until something changes are all completely wrong?
And you sir are right?
And every girl who is trying to perfect what they see their peers doing right in front of them on national TV should stop right now because you say so? (i understand not just you) I'm really at a loss here. think about that for a minute. just think about the 2 girls on the national team who i have watched for at least 7 years. Now think about all the young girls saying they want to be like them and have also been watching them pitch for years AND are being handed some of the best jobs in the country today and you (again, i know not you) you come along and tell them no no, your idol/superstar/dreaming about star is a cheat, she has a mechanical flaw, here let me show you, she's doing it wrong. you need to do it this way.

I can't be any more clear in how silly that absurd logic is to me. Read it twice if you have to, listen to yourself. I am in absolutely amazement at how easy of a topic this is when for years no one has called it at any level. This happens every year (what is this? a dad calling out an amateur as they are just learning of how other pitchers pitch.) Usually these absurd for the game comments come at a game where we can circle him in real quick and tell him to shut the hell up as that's really not very tactful to a young lady and please, no one calls that, dad.

This (the www) just happens to be a different arena, a new forum to be "that dad" calling out pitchers from the sidelines. Why would i stand for it here? deal with it, dad. Go Barnhill Go USA

"Go Barnhill" ? i would not add the go USA. Sorry.

just because you have 'perfected' hiding your in-the-air drive foot and 'fooling' the umps, doesn't make it right.

the umps DO see it and why they're not calling it is something left for debate.
Mike White sees it and has called it out, although not mentioning KB's name on air.
Is Mike White wrong and all the hundreds (yes, thousands? nope) of umpires right?

yeah, silkwood, carlson and a few others are in the same arena. unfortunately, they're just not as successful, but still illegal nontheless.

So answer Mike White's question. What do YOU TEACH YOUR PLAYERS? Go with the rules or cheat because it's not being called?

Apr 12, 2013
So answer Mike White's question. What do YOU TEACH YOUR PLAYERS? Go with the rules or cheat because it's not being called?

You teach your players to play within the rules, and to maximize their potential within those rules, Mike. He knows the answer, it's not a new problem for him. He really wasn't looking for the audience to help. He's recruiting every time he has a mic in his face (as he should be).

Feb 7, 2013
You teach your players to play within the rules, and to maximize their potential within those rules, Mike. He knows the answer, it's not a new problem for him. He really wasn't looking for the audience to help. He's recruiting every time he has a mic in his face (as he should be).

The reality is that Barnhill is at Florida not Oregon and if Mike White had a chance to get KB, Cat or any other elite pitcher he would do it in a heartbeat. And once he had her on his team, he wouldn't change anything about her pitching mechanics nor would he say a damn word about it ever again. It's called sour grapes....when the pitcher in question in not on your staff.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2013
The reality is that Barnhill is at Florida not Oregon and if Mike White had a chance to get KB, Cat or any other elite pitcher he would do it in a heartbeat. And once he had her on his team, he wouldn't change anything about her pitching mechanics nor would he say a damn word about it ever again. It's called sour grapes....when the pitcher in question in not on your staff.

You nailed it, said much better than I. that is close to what i meant by: He's recruiting every time he has a mic in his face.

Sep 10, 2013

just curious. does any of the duck's current pitching staff leap and replant? how about their former ace? hawkins? or maybe pitchers from years past?
just curious.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors