The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 18, 2014
We are watching the LSU Oregon game. Is it just me or are there no closeup shots of the pitchers drag? Every closeup is knee to chest, it's kind of odd. You only see the drag from a distance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
We are watching the LSU Oregon game. Is it just me or are there no closeup shots of the pitchers drag? Every closeup is knee to chest, it's kind of odd. You only see the drag from a distance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Have a friend who is a cameraman for NBC Sports. Said it is downright strange.

martianr

Softball DAD
Jan 26, 2014
Whiting, Iowa
what is also annoying is to hear Michelle Smith know so much about blocking the plate BUT can't analyze Illegal pitching. She is such a sold out. I've ask before with the 1000's of members on DFP, that no one knows of a NCAA coach and ask the reason why Illegal pitching is not called. But, than again maybe Softball in the 2010's is the same as baseball in the 1970's. Emery cloth, stick' on the ball and putting notches in the ball and the list goes on. Then finally Baseball put a stop to it. That is what is going to happen.

Funny story. I was visiting with a 70+year old lady yesterday. and we started talking about Softball on TV. The first comment out of her mouth was. "those girls are pitching illegal, they all leap" I never initiated the thought she said it out of the blue. She added "I can't watch it". NCAA better wake up. This trend to allow Illegal pitching will cause their ratings to drop(but they will lie about those numbers. Just have Smith do it). Florida play at 1:00. Not watching. But cheering on the opposing team vs Them.

Feb 15, 2017
None of the announcers will say a word, it is not on their talking points memo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Anybody else hear Coach White (Oregon) call out the NCAA on allowing illegal pitching?
If not, see the Oregon post elimination interview. He also calls out the umpires and requests instant replay.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
The lack of mention of what is going on in the circle makes these games an embarrassment to the NCAA, the Rules Committee and the umpires. BTW, what were those lines off of the pitching rubber for?

As mentioned before, move the rubber back and allow these young ladies to hop, skip and jump UNDER THE RULES, and make it the same for everyone. JMHO!

Oct 19, 2009
Anybody else hear Coach White (Oregon) call out the NCAA on allowing illegal pitching?
If not, see the Oregon post elimination interview. He also calls out the umpires and requests instant replay.

I've been wondering why more coaches have not been calling out the NCAA and umpires on this issue.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I've been wondering why more coaches have not been calling out the NCAA and umpires on this issue.

Softball is an insignificant sport in the grand scheme of things. Imagine the ramifications if Pat Murphy were to start calling out the NCAA with regard to IP's, piss them off and they place all Alabama sports under scrutiny? If Pat Murphy causes problems for Nick Saban who will go and who will stay? While I applaud the comments of Mike White, I would not be surprised if he gets a call from the Oregon AD.

Mar 3, 2015
Michigan
Didn't the NCAA adopt the pitching lane, or at least start enforcing it after Mowatt thrived on going way outside of it. Maybe (fingers crossed), they will actually start enforcing it after the dominant year that Barnhill had?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan