The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
Florida has a great chance to win the WCWS. It would be terrible if they didn't because of illegal pitching. But, than again, maybe it wouldn't. It would send shock wave across the softball world. Maybe that is what needs to be done. Make a example of a power house team.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think Florida has 3 very good pitchers (best pitching staff in the nation), so if Barnhill gets into trouble with her IPs (which may or may not happen), they have two other very good pitchers to leverage off of. Remember Ally Carda (UCLA) had similar mechanics as Barnhill and had a very good career. The occasional IP called didn't really hurt their post-play chances, they just got beat by better, deeper teams.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet.....it is in the 2017 NCAA Rule Book.

10�4�5 Leaping is not allowed
� The pitcher may not become airborne on the initial drive from the pitcher’s plate� The pivot foot must slide/drag on the ground�

10�4�6 Crow hopping is not allowed� The pitcher may not replant, gain a second starting point and push off her pivot foot� Once having lost contact with the pitcher’s plate, the pivot foot may trail on the ground but may not bear weight again until the pitch is released�

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England

� The pitcher may not become airborne on the initial drive from the pitcher’s plate� The pivot foot must slide/drag on the ground�

10�4�6 Crow hopping is not allowed� The pitcher may not replant, gain a second starting point and push off her pivot foot� Once having lost contact with the pitcher’s plate, the pivot foot may trail on the ground but may not bear weight again until the pitch is released�

So...when do you think that these rules will begin to be be enforced?!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Correct me if I am wrong but I think Florida has 3 very good pitchers (best pitching staff in the nation), so if Barnhill gets into trouble with her IPs (which may or may not happen), they have two other very good pitchers to leverage off of. Remember Ally Carda (UCLA) had similar mechanics as Barnhill and had a very good career. The occasional IP called didn't really hurt their post-play chances, they just got beat by better, deeper teams.

If Florida or any other team with skippies wins the WCWS they will share the same level of legitimacy as any of the past Wrestlemaina Champions.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...

Pretty black and white to me..

May 17, 2012
If the worst case scenario is they print a rule in the rule book (but they don't enforce it) I can't see why you wouldn't teach it. You pitch faster, you can get recruited, and can get a scholarship.

If the coaches recruiting these kids don't care, the umpires aren't enforcing the rule, it would seem to me that if you are not teaching this you are doing your daughter a disservice.

I would really like to hear the other side of this argument...

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
If the worst case scenario is they print a rule in the rule book (but they don't enforce it) I can't see why you wouldn't teach it. You pitch faster, you can get recruited, and can get a scholarship.

If the coaches recruiting these kids don't care, the umpires aren't enforcing the rule, it would seem to me that if you are not teaching this you are doing your daughter a disservice.

I would really like to hear the other side of this argument...

You pitch faster, really? Not seeing how you got there.

Sep 10, 2013
If Florida or any other team with skippies wins the WCWS they will share the same level of legitimacy as any of the past Wrestlemaina Champions.

unless it's delanie gourley pitching :).

somehow i still can't fathom how Tim Walton would allow such blatant illegal pitching to exist in his team. anything to win, i guess?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207