Thanks a lot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
I agree with all that's been said, but I've got to tell you I'm bummed Tewks left too...

I have a 12U team that I spent a lot of the winter teaching using a lot of Howard's ground-up techniques, from pony-tail taps to hammer wrist hinges to matrix drills and more. His stuff was just invaluable.

I also have a 16-year old DD at home with whom I used a lot of Tewk's concepts and drills to help her get some power back into her swing after a bad dose of linear-centric instruction set her back last year. She's hit five home runs during her high-school season, a big success.

I've been schooled on RVP/Candrea basics, and both Hitter and Tewks provided some new thinking that really added to my coaching arsenal.

I'd love to see the both back and contributing again...it seemed like they appreciated each other too, even though they didn't always agree....

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I personally stopped reading the Hitting section months ago because of all the silliness I was seeing. I can only read so much minutiae before my mind starts wandering and I lose interest. The few posts in the section I did read were from Howard. Sorry to see him go.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I wasn't aware that Tewks stopped posting here. I've been reading his input elsewhere and like it. I consider his "barrel to the ball" video to be a good demonstration of a "connected swing" ... good stuff for those with a goal of making consistent solid contact.

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
Why all the drama?

Months ago I was reading the same topic about how Hitter was finished posting here. It seemed a bit silly then, as it does now. As I re-read posts I’m not seeing cause for someone to leave. Hopefully he’ll continue making posts, but if not then we can still appreciate the contributions that were made.

As an FYI … it’s the Hanson Principle, not the hanson theory.

The Hanson Principle (… the one to use)
“Always compare what anybody tells you about the swing to slow motion clips of the best hitters in the world”.
-- Mark Hanson

Pardon my ignorance, but who is Mark Hanson?

Feb 14, 2010
Tewks,Hitter and Wellphyt have been a huge source of info my DD and I. I joined this site after RVP pointed out some serious flaws in my DD's swing and after bouncing ideas off them we have developed a great program and she is swinging the bat better than ever. Her swing is connected and quick. If they have left it is a tremendous loss for any parent / kid that wants to get better. Everyone should respect others opinions and try out what they are saying and then make their own conclusions.

No one knows everything.

Bucketpapi

Banned
May 28, 2008
Howard wanted to help people that could not attend a clinic. He asked me to come over and bring casey and make some videos.

That was done.

He posts on what we do and how we do it. Period.
He also would comment on your daughters swing, and how to help her mechanics. Period.

What you dont see from all the guys who jump on his threads, is what they do, and how they do it.
They also dont post hitters they work with.
They just say do it like the pros, or get your daughter into the mlb pattern.

He does not care how other people do it. If it works for them fine.

He just shows how he does it and how it works for the hitters he works with.

But good luck getting your daughter into the mlb pattern, or just use the hanson theory. Overhand throwing from mlb players works, or pick up a golf club and swing it. One plane or two plane. They both work
Its that simple.

Straightleg

Both you and Hitter contributed to the back and forth bickering.
It's a two way street. This post is a perfect example.
You both need to grow a pair.

And besides, we still have O'Leary:eek:

BP

Mar 3, 2010
For someone who just found this site about 3-4 months ago, I found Howard and Tewks to be great sources of information. Sorry to hear they won't post anymore. I wish Howard wrould reconsider as the overwhelming majority on here seemed to be respectful and courteous. Why did Tewks quit posting?

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
you can see all the drills you want at H-I.com.

Tewks is still very active and I'm sure he will answer here if you have any questions.

Article mentioning his high school students, unionleader.com:

http://hittingillustrated.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3336&page=2

Including Ryan Palmer through 15 games..

.490, 11 2B, 5 3B, 4 HR, 23 runs, 26 RBI... hit for the cycle once, missed it by a single a couple games later. Best hitter on the best team in the state.

Nothing is preventing Howard from posting away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2009
I personally stopped reading the Hitting section months ago because of all the silliness I was seeing.

I agree. That's why I just started asking Howard questions via PM, to avoid all the drivel.

Does anyone have his contact info?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad