Thanks a lot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
I just gotta thank the few of you who have badgered & hounded Howard (hitter) to the point he decided to quit posting here. Howard has been a ton of help to my daughter & our softball organization by giving selflessly of his time & knowledge. I realize there has to be room for differing opinions, but after months of watching you guys argue over whos idol is the biggest & best, I could just about puke. Actually my hitting knowledge is limited, as is that of many on here, but I have been to one of Howard/CB clinics& found it very helpful. Crystal Bustos may be a rare physical specimen as a batter, but she is arguably the best female hitter in the world, so I guess I dont mind if my dd wants to emulate her swing. Now I guess you can go ahead & delete my post & give me the boot. Im thouroughly sick of the childishness here anyway. Lane

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I want to thank everyone for challenging hitting notions, regardless of the source, that do not match up to video of the best hitters in this game.

The Hanson Principle (… the one to use)
“Always compare what anybody tells you about the swing to slow motion clips of the best hitters in the world”.
-- Mark Hanson

May 11, 2009
Lane,
I guess I missed something....I have not been on here for a little while and if what you are saying is true then I agree completely with you. If Hitter is not going to post here any more then we have all lost a wealth of knowledge and experience that cannot be replaced. I hope that he will reconsider and not be put out by non believers in his methods or teachings. There is never one way to teach and that is what Hitter is best at "Teaching" on a level that everyone can understand and learn from. Again IMHO if he stops posting here I for one will be very disappointed as he has helped me and my team a lot with his insight and teachings. Results are results and so far he is one of the only a few that can really show his results from his teachings.
Mike

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Guess I missed all the drama too. The conversations I have had with Hitter were great. I thought I was pretty smart until I met him. I truly hope he changes his mind.

If not, I want to personally thank you, Howard, for all your valuable time helping out the many of us on this forum. Don't let a few idiots run you away from the game that you love.

Respectfully,
GD

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
Agreed, thanks for what you shared while you were here Howard. My girls have benifited and I'm a better coach from what I have learned from your posts and videos. I wish I'd have had the chance to learn more but I respect your decision. Why bother trying to teach people how you use a hammer to solve a problem when others insist on trying to convince you and everyone else you should be using a wrench to fix it.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Howard wanted to help people that could not attend a clinic. He asked me to come over and bring casey and make some videos.

That was done.

He posts on what we do and how we do it. Period.
He also would comment on your daughters swing, and how to help her mechanics. Period.

What you dont see from all the guys who jump on his threads, is what they do, and how they do it.
They also dont post hitters they work with.
They just say do it like the pros, or get your daughter into the mlb pattern.

He does not care how other people do it. If it works for them fine.

He just shows how he does it and how it works for the hitters he works with.

But good luck getting your daughter into the mlb pattern, or just use the hanson theory. Overhand throwing from mlb players works, or pick up a golf club and swing it. One plane or two plane. They both work
Its that simple.

Straightleg

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Why all the drama?

Months ago I was reading the same topic about how Hitter was finished posting here. It seemed a bit silly then, as it does now. As I re-read posts I’m not seeing cause for someone to leave. Hopefully he’ll continue making posts, but if not then we can still appreciate the contributions that were made.

As an FYI … it’s the Hanson Principle, not the hanson theory.

The Hanson Principle (… the one to use)
“Always compare what anybody tells you about the swing to slow motion clips of the best hitters in the world”.
-- Mark Hanson

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
IMO, Howard had a system that was tried, tested, refined, and proven to be successfull with female fastpitch softball players AND he was willing to share and explain it to help others improve. I never recall him saying that his system was the only system or that it couldn't be improved.

Howard's objective always seemed clear - to help female players become more effective hitters. As most who come here to read or post share this same objective, there's plenty of tolerance for constructive criticism and alternate opions and approaches on this forum.

Its unfortunate that a very small minority, apparently motivated by insatiable internet egos and undisclosed agendas, have caused the majority to suffer from the loss of Howard's input. Too bad tar and feathering is considered politically incorrect nowadays.

GM

Feb 24, 2010
I'm shocked and saddend to hear that Howard may not post here anymore. I for one know that he has helped my daughter out immensely, and has taught techniques that have enabled girls as young as 6/7 to hit much better than using the older methods. His methods are as sound as any others, except he does not, IMO, shove it down the readers' throats, like many on this forum like to do. He teaches to the individual student and her ability, rather than trying to force the student to emulate a professional male athlete. I'd rather have the girls reach THEIR best, which right now DD is succeeding about 60% of the time, rather than compare a swing to someone who FAILS ~70% of the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414