Hitting Approach - Mental

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Also Brian Doyle had a very good audio on this subject but it may be hard to find. It is the best I know of.
This Brian Doyle?
Brian Doyle has had an impactful and influential baseball career. He is best known for leading the Yankees with a .438 batting average in the 1978 World Series. His older brother Denny played in the Major Leagues with the Phillies, Angels and Red Sox. His twin brother Blake is currently the major league hitting coach with the Colorado Rockies. The three of them together were innovators in starting the Doyle Baseball School in 1978. The school has trained over 500,000 players and 300,000 coaches to date. The Doyle brothers were also pioneers in showcases (Doyle Bonanza) and coaches certification. Having competed against Brian in little league, high school and in the minor leagues, I thought it would be fun to talk baseball with him once again.
I like his answers in this interview:
IP: If you could give one piece of advice to players who have a desire to play professional baseball, what would it be?

BD:
Practice before practice, and practice after practice. Be an athlete. Pro Scouts do not look for baseball players; they look for athletes. Become involved in other sports or get involved in speed enhancement, weight training and quickness training. Be an athlete, not just a baseball player. The only way to get better is to get smarter.

IP: What advice could you give coaches?

BD:
As I stated before about my Dad, he taught what he knew with passion; as he grew as a coach in knowledge and wisdom, he taught passionately with more skill. You can only teach what you know and have experienced. Have the zeal to get smarter.

You have the privilege to affect young lives. You are to use the game of baseball to teach the game of life. You have a choice to make; be a coach a player will never forget, or be a coach a player wants to forget. I have had many coaches in my career. Only two have made life-changing impacts. Have the passion to be the coach who will have a life-changing impact for your players.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee