Teams/ games to watch in Colorado

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
If you look at the team's that were winning, most would have won hitting in the Dead Sea..The scores would have just been different.

Feb 15, 2017
As somebody else said the balls are like rocks and the fences are knee high. Also I've seen some very tight zones here.

DD hadn't given up a dinger in her Travel ball career so I don't feel bad about the two she gave up here. The challenge she had was her team wasn't able to hit a bunch either.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
As somebody else said the balls are like rocks and the fences are knee high. Also I've seen some very tight zones here.

DD hadn't given up a dinger in her Travel ball career so I don't feel bad about the two she gave up here. The challenge she had was her team wasn't able to hit a bunch either.

Warren Spahn gave up the most HR in National League history and Bert Blyleven has the record for the most in a season (he hung that nice curve a few too many times I guess)...it happens. Can you add an asterisk on GC?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Also I've seen some very tight zones here.
This ^^^. Nothing above the belt or at the knees was called in some of our games. We had the same issue last year.

In one game last year, my daughter couldn't buy a strike, so she had to throw over the heart of the plate, and she got crushed. The parents and coaches were freaking out so much so that two out of our four coaches got tossed.

After the game, the AC for the other team came up to my to sort of apologize since he could tell I was the pitcher's father. He told me they had the same ump in the previous game, and that he had a stroke zone the size of a cereal box. He said they told their hitters to lay off anything not down the middle. They listened well that day.

Aug 3, 2016
Daughter had only given up two this summer. Gave up six in Colorado. The pervious two were at zoom into June where the same garbage ball was being used. Yes, the zone was ridiculous all week. TC must have sent a memo to the umps since it was consistently ridiculous.

Feb 15, 2017
Daughter had only given up two this summer. Gave up six in Colorado. The pervious two were at zoom into June where the same garbage ball was being used. Yes, the zone was ridiculous all week. TC must have sent a memo to the umps since it was consistently ridiculous.
DD was told by one ump drop had to pass the top of both knees. Go figure.

Jun 8, 2016
DD got called out on a pitch that was on the chalk in the other batter's box (maybe the 14U umps missed the memo). She complained after the game and I told her to not
let the umpire decide her AB.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
DD got called out on a pitch that was on the chalk in the other batter's box (maybe the 14U umps missed the memo). She complained after the game and I told her to not
let the umpire decide her AB.
There was one wide zone in one game. You can hear one father, with his southern drawl, say, "You couldn't a hit that with a 40 inch bat."

I got a kick out of that...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles