Little League Regionals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
That being said, it’s probably very easy for the All-Star teams to be made up of all travel players now. Most LL games (at least for us) were during the week so the travel players could still play LL and meet their travel commitments on the weekends. The players all still have to come from within the LL boundary though.

I actually wish we would see more of this. Go compete on the weekend, come have fun during the week. Keep community ball alive.

The fatal problem is, too often there are those people who will "insist" that those travel players stay together on the same team so they can beat up on other kids and drive them from the game. I've seen it first hand.

On a tangent ... Did you know Pythagoras was a cult leader who was murdered when the local townsfolk had had enough of his merry band of maniacal mathematicians. Makes me wonder about that quote.

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
Wouldn't it be more entertaining if they forced you to sit behind your kid's dugout and did a side story where you detail the emotions you go through? They could hook you up and keep a display up on the screen. Pulse, BP, and a bar to indicate the chance of stroke.

Why are we introducing sports betting to Little League?

Jun 8, 2016
This is spot-on. There is definitely something magical about making a good run with a LL team. When we made it to states (big deal for our LL - we were the 1st SB team in our LL to do so) the venue was about 2.5 hours away. I know that doesn’t seem very far for many but we had families from our League who didn’t have a kid on the team travel out to watch us play. Nothing quite like looking out in the crowd and seeing them all there, rooting the team on.
There is also something to knowing that if you want to travel and play you actually have to win something first…before TB that is how it worked. I had never been outside of New England when my Pony All Star team won States, etc and were able to play in OH..it was a big deal to play that far away.

May 27, 2013
On a tangent ... Did you know Pythagoras was a cult leader who was murdered when the local townsfolk had had enough of his merry band of maniacal mathematicians. Makes me wonder about that quote.

I assure you that I don’t belong to a cult, nor does it represent any political affiliation on my end. 😂

May 27, 2013
The fatal problem is, too often there are those people who will "insist" that those travel players stay together on the same team so they can beat up on other kids and drive them from the game. I've seen it first hand.

That’s why you need a good softball player agent on the BOD who will oversee the LL draft and prevent it from happening.

May 29, 2015
That’s why you need a good softball player agent on the BOD who will oversee the LL draft and prevent it from happening.

Absolutely.

Unfortunately, my board was 3/5ths morons who were in league with one another. A husband and wife pair and her best friend. A good part of the reason I gave up and left.

I would also say you need a board that is not populated by coaches. The board should be there to make sure the business continues to run, not to do what is best for their team.

May 27, 2013
The pitcher for the NY team who won regionals plays for the team my older daughter coaches. They all drove up to Connecticut to watch the finals last night. It was a very proud moment for my daughter.

Was she the first or second pitcher yesterday? That’s awesome BTW!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles