Teams/ games to watch in Colorado

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Yes!

What??? Ground rule doubles over the fence explain please...
Was not privy to the umpire conversation after the defense either threw hands in the air or the coach came out to protest. From a side view the ball would clearly be over the fence, but the umpires would somehow rule it bounced over. Still confused. o_O

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yes!

What??? Ground rule doubles over the fence explain please...
There was some confusion because the fences were almost always the temporary ones that were 3' high. Also, they are run over at least twice in every game, so they lean over a lot during the games.

May 13, 2023
Was not privy to the umpire conversation after the defense either threw hands in the air or the coach came out to protest. From a side view the ball would clearly be over the fence, but the umpires would somehow rule it bounced over. Still confused. o_O
Well apparently something to consider strategy for outfielders to always throw their hands in the air as if it bounced over since apparently that can be confusing to umpires.

🙄

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Daughter's team won the 14u IDT tournament. It was a good week for them. They really hit the ball very well. My biggest surprise was how short the bracket games were. Even the championship game had a time limit. They won the championship game 2-3 in 5 innings vs a good Atlanta Vipers team. There was two rain/hail delays during the championship game. Our centerfielder made some incredible plays to to keep the Vipers from tying up the game in the last inning of the championship.

There were a few coaches in Colorado watching our games, Georgia, Tennessee, Indiana, a few others. I would say there was more coaches watching our games in Kansas City a couple weeks ago.

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
My strategy next year will to sit in outfield and throw back in..

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Don't know who the teams were, but saw a three-run blast taken away after it sailed over the outfielder's glove and a dad caught it above his head. Dad was mire than a little irate. 🥵

Feb 15, 2017
Daughter's team won the 14u IDT tournament. It was a good week for them. They really hit the ball very well. My biggest surprise was how short the bracket games were. Even the championship game had a time limit. They won the championship game 2-3 in 5 innings vs a good Atlanta Vipers team. There was two rain/hail delays during the championship game. Our centerfielder made some incredible plays to to keep the Vipers from tying up the game in the last inning of the championship.

There were a few coaches in Colorado watching our games, Georgia, Tennessee, Indiana, a few others. I would say there was more coaches watching our games in Kansas City a couple weeks ago.
Was that Vipers Tambora?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

BigSkyHi

Jan 13, 2020
Well apparently something to consider strategy for outfielders to always throw their hands in the air as if it bounced over since apparently that can be confusing to umpires.

🙄
In our game when it happened, the outfielder was running with her hand above her head as the line drive sailed over her. 2nd base and 3rd base threw both hands in the air while the home plate umpire was signaling home run and the runner was nearing 2nd base.

There was other ethically questionable antics by the other team's coaches. Good thing I was a grandfather and not a coach. Saved a firery confrontation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles