New CO tournament..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
We usually took that weekend off before IDT. I usually drove to CO on that Friday before....to attend the greatest shows in the land at Red Rocks. WSMFP!
The Top Club National Championship (with money prize) is that week. A lot of those teams playing in the CO tournament have played Top Club the last few years. For those teams that would have flown to OK, if you can save a flight from OK to CO for Sparkler/IDT the money prize isn't quite the draw anymore. Plus, at the moment it looks like a more selective invite than Top Club and will probably pull away a lot of college coaches that would otherwise be in OK.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That's a tough week for those in the Northeast as it's the final week of school. My daughter always has finals that week, and even making it to Team New Jersey is very difficult. If school is already over for you, it's much easier to make that event, but it also makes for a very expensive week.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It's only the top 10 teams for each age division. Maybe one of the other Bombers team will win. These teams always trying to reinvent tournaments. Just splitting up the talent, like Sparkler and IDT.

Jun 8, 2016
That's a tough week for those in the Northeast as it's the final week of school. My daughter always has finals that week, and even making it to Team New Jersey is very difficult. If school is already over for you, it's much easier to make that event, but it also makes for a very expensive week.
School is already out for a few weeks by then here in OK. We don’t have a Feb break like a lot of schools do in the Northeast and we start back mid Aug.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

Certainly makes sense for anybody playing in Sparkler/IDT. Organizers for another big tournament at that same time cannot be happy about this development....
The hotels are happy...

Jun 8, 2016
and another one for those left out of the first one I posted.. ego and money make the world go round :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez