Little League Regionals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
Just turned on the Delaware/New Jersey game ... Not sure who the commentator is, but ... ouch. You guys complain about the NCAA commentators.

2 outs, runners on first and third. Ground ball to the SS who throws the batter-runner out at first ... and the announcer gets excited that "Delaware gets the run! The came home before the out was over at first base." :oops: She did correct herself.

I know these are "just streamed games", but could you at least get people who know the game? That is a 101-mistake. I know solo commentating isn't easy, so even putting a second person in the box would help.

EDIT ... Oh good grief ... pop fly near the fence, off the fence, catcher catches it ... and she thought the batter was out and asked "Does the fence get an assist on that play? Is that how it works?" I hope I am misunderstanding her sense of humor.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018
CT
Just turned on the Delaware/New Jersey game ... Not sure who the commentator is, but ... ouch. You guys complain about the NCAA commentators.

2 outs, runners on first and third. Ground ball to the SS who throws the batter-runner out at first ... and the announcer gets excited that "Delaware gets the run! The came home before the out was over at first base." :oops: She did correct herself.

I know these are "just streamed games", but could you at least get people who know the game? That is a 101-mistake. I know solo commentating isn't easy, so even putting a second person in the box would help.

EDIT ... Oh good grief ... pop fly near the fence, off the fence, catcher catches it ... and she thought the batter was out and asked "Does the fence get an assist on that play? Is that how it works?" I hope I am misunderstanding her sense of humor.
Saw that and cringed too - it’s the senior LLWS tho (14-16 yo I think).

May 29, 2015
Yes, looks like the Senior division has begun ... and the rule change dropping the requirement to actually play LL is highly evident.

The "Beardstown" teams typically made an annual run in multiple age groups, boys and girls, because they are the small little pocket of Little League outside of Chicago. The Senior team playing now is made up of just a few players actually from Beardstown (not sure if they actually played LL) and several players from Peoria down to Pittsfield. A few are players I umpire around here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles