Extra Inning Team Rankings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 1, 2023
Thanks!

I have another clueless question- what is the USSSA national tournament? My daughter’s team played a usssa tournament and won and now it says qualified next to their team name- but when I google it a list of like 20 tournaments all with nationals in the name pop up.
USSSA has several regional tournaments at the end of the year that are considered nationals. Other organizations such as PGF and Alliance have one national tournament at the end of the year. These 2 are considered the best ones.

But any end of the year double elimination week long tournament will bill itself as a Nationals.

May 27, 2013
Thanks!

I have another clueless question- what is the USSSA national tournament? My daughter’s team played a usssa tournament and won and now it says qualified next to their team name- but when I google it a list of like 20 tournaments all with nationals in the name pop up.
Yep - USSSA does not have one National event. They have several all over the country. Not sure if it’s still the same but when my dd played 14U you either won an event and qualified or qualified if you played in at least 5 UTrip tourneys that year. Almost any team could go to “Nationals” if they really wanted to.

Aug 3, 2016
Somehow the 2028 team rankings are already worse than individual rankings 3 days in. A team that finished 2nd at USSSA nationals and played PGF Nationals didn’t get ranked in the top 25 in Region 1, while numerous B level teams did. 3-4 other solid PGF teams also got left out. 🤦‍♂️
Feel bad. All those 13 year old girls just lost their Oklahoma scholarships.

Did the coaches on the teams that got left out bother to send in their team's record/stats or did they just assume that their record spoke for itself? It's not like Extras Innings is out there at USSSA nationals scouting. Looks like the numerous B level team coaches made it a priority. Maybe a lesson for the players and families on the teams that got left out. If your coach doesn't bother to send in your stats now, what going to happen when college coaches start poking around?

Nov 23, 2021
SC
Funny thing is that in the southeast USSSA tournaments are terrible, like glorified rec ball. We would never even think about entering a USSSA tournament and if thats where EI get there rankings from they are missing out on a lot of Elite teams.

I am curious as to the rankings though, but not enough to buy their subscription, can anyone screenshot the list of 2028 and 2029?

Sep 13, 2021
In our area, motivated orgs, coaches, parents, etc., that were proactive about providing info to EIS saw a good number of their players included in the rankings. And the opposite was true too, if really talented girls were part or orgs or teams that didn't care about the rankings or weren't aggressive about marketing to EIS.

Jan 1, 2023
Feel bad. All those 13 year old girls just lost their Oklahoma scholarships.

Did the coaches on the teams that got left out bother to send in their team's record/stats or did they just assume that their record spoke for itself? It's not like Extras Innings is out there at USSSA nationals scouting. Looks like the numerous B level team coaches made it a priority. Maybe a lesson for the players and families on the teams that got left out. If your coach doesn't bother to send in your stats now, what going to happen when college coaches start poking around?
Not the point, nor funny. New management came in and promoted all these changes and they’ve shown to be incredibly poor at one of their first endeavors, which is the simple task of ranking teams. Given so many public resources like Tourney Machine and GameChanger, this should be pretty easy to do.

May 27, 2013
Not the point, nor funny. New management came in and promoted all these changes and they’ve shown to be incredibly poor at one of their first endeavors, which is the simple task of ranking teams. Given so many public resources like Tourney Machine and GameChanger, this should be pretty easy to do.

Why are you so concerned about these rankings?

Top_Notch

Screwball
Dec 18, 2014
Don't worry, the same business continues when your kid is in college. I could throw a dart and do better on some of these rankings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut