Teams/ games to watch in Colorado

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Sparkler Power Pool kept double elimination bracket but now have a Gold (winners of loser brackets) and Championship bracket (winners of winners brackets) with 8 teams each (playing at different locations) vs just a Championship bracket..Not sure why they didn’t just spilt a Championship bracket into two locations if they needed more fields but I guess that one more game would have put them over the edge 😂
Think how much they are saving on ump fees. No incentive to get fields playable.

Nov 18, 2022
DD saw a homeless encampment on the corner of a street in Arvada with the whole group toking. Sad really.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Downtown by big encampments the city will bring in large trailer size toilets ... there are some that take up a city block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2021
Sparkler Power Pool kept double elimination bracket but now have a Gold (winners of loser brackets) and Championship bracket (winners of winners brackets) with 8 teams each (playing at different locations) vs just a Championship bracket..Not sure why they didn’t just spilt a Championship bracket into two locations if they needed more fields but I guess that one more game would have put them over the edge 😂
18u National Power Pool at Aurora played about 2 hours late yesterday but we got all the games in. Double-elim bracket is intact and on schedule today.

And we just got a grand slam on what would have been a deep popup most other places.

Jun 8, 2016
18u National Power Pool at Aurora played about 2 hours late yesterday but we got all the games in. Double-elim bracket is intact and on schedule today.

And we just got a grand slam on what would have been a deep popup most other places.
DD’s team started puking on their shoes halfway through the first bracket game (which they won) and continued to vomit in the second (which they got killed). If the stomach issues continue and they lose the next one we get to drive home early tomorrow. Otherwise they get an 8 am game tomorrow.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
We have neighbors of ours who moved out to Colorado about 12 years ago for their jobs as ATCs. They only lasted about two years before they returned to NY. The reason they gave was that Mary Jane legalization made the place into Mos Eisley Spaceport. They said you couldn't go anywhere without the pervasive smell of MJ stinking up everything. After coming out here twice, I can see what they meant.

Sadly, this seems to happen anywhere it gets legalized.

Let's see what Easton/Rawlings looks like in Illinois next week.

Nothing to worry about with the Easton/Rawlings tournament. Glen Ellyn is a nice neighborhood and so are most of the surrounding communities. Aurora can be a little on the trashy side in some areas. Not saying that it is impossible to smell weed in the Glen Ellyn area but it is not likely from my experience. I live about 30-40 minutes south of Glen Ellyn.

Just north of Midway airport is some very trashy neighborhood if you happen to be flying into Midway. Nothing to worry about since you will be getting on Interstate 55 before you get to the bad neighborhoods.

Jun 8, 2016
DD’s team won a few games today to make it to the Loser “Championship” bracket (I think they called it Gold..I prefer my title) and then promptly lost to an OK team who they cannot beat for some reason and who I cannot f’ing stand (as in if they lose to them again, and I am there, I am picking a fight with somebody.)

I wasn’t in the mood to watch her games today so I just dropped her at warmups and headed home. Added bonus of leaving early is that since they played late the rest of the family is staying with DW’s cousin in CO tonight and he is a knucklehead so I don’t have to deal with that.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
DD’s team won a few games today to make it to the Loser “Championship” bracket (I think they called it Gold..I prefer my title) and then promptly lost to an OK team who they cannot beat for some reason and who I cannot f’ing stand (as in if they lose to them again, and I am there, I am picking a fight with somebody.)

I wasn’t in the mood to watch her games today so I just dropped her at warmups and headed home. Added bonus of leaving early is that since they played late the rest of the family is staying with DW’s cousin in CO tonight and he is a knucklehead so I don’t have to deal with that.
I walked away from my daughter's games yesterday. I can't stand the stress anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01