Teams/ games to watch in Colorado

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2022
Can't swing a dead cat without hitting one in downtown!!! If I'm homeless it's not Denver in the winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 26, 2019
I am not saying the ball doesn’t move less. I am saying figure out how to get outs with other pitches. Pedro Martinez threw 6 no hit innings in relief against the Indians in 99 with his arm hanging by a thread and his fastball not breaking 90. Yes these kids are not Pedro but the hitters are not the 99 Indians either…
Those 90s Indians lineups were ridiculous. Here was 1995.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpeg
    IMG_0105.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 15
Dec 19, 2021
It's nice to have some documentation of your DD's journey. I kept book for most of my DD's HS games and it's fun to look back every once in a while. I'll recall some plays and situations that otherwise would have been lost forever, and sometimes I'll correct my imagination of what I thought happened.
I started making coaches lists last year when we were still in the throes of recruiting. Now it is just curiosity and something to keep me busy.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Some teams only got in two pool play games which were 1:45 no new and are now thrown into bracket games which are 70 or 75 minute games. I think they are going to be able to keep double elimination in effect. I predict there will be more than normal amount of games going to ITB and schedule will get pushed back. Play ball!

Dec 11, 2010
Downtown Denver is not the place to stay.

Some of the problem is when Colorado go medical weed, the dispensaries had to allot a certain amount as free for people who couldn’t afford their “medicine”. So it attracted a lot of folks whose worst problems aren’t smoking weed.

Then well meaning church groups started handing out sandwiches. This allowed folks more time to pursue the meth and heroin that they really wanted.

The park by the library that is overlooked by the state legislature is a no-go. You won’t see just drug activity there. I saw something I never thought I would see there, then I saw it again. At 3 in the afternoon. Stay in the suburbs people.

Jun 8, 2016
Sparkler Power Pool kept double elimination bracket but now have a Gold (winners of loser brackets) and Championship bracket (winners of winners brackets) with 8 teams each (playing at different locations) vs just a Championship bracket..Not sure why they didn’t just spilt a Championship bracket into two locations if they needed more fields but I guess that one more game would have put them over the edge 😂

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Downtown Denver is not the place to stay.

Some of the problem is when Colorado go medical weed, the dispensaries had to allot a certain amount as free for people who couldn’t afford their “medicine”. So it attracted a lot of folks whose worst problems aren’t smoking weed.

Then well meaning church groups started handing out sandwiches. This allowed folks more time to pursue the meth and heroin that they really wanted.

The park by the library that is overlooked by the state legislature is a no-go. You won’t see just drug activity there. I saw something I never thought I would see there, then I saw it again. At 3 in the afternoon. Stay in the suburbs people.
We have neighbors of ours who moved out to Colorado about 12 years ago for their jobs as ATCs. They only lasted about two years before they returned to NY. The reason they gave was that Mary Jane legalization made the place into Mos Eisley Spaceport. They said you couldn't go anywhere without the pervasive smell of MJ stinking up everything. After coming out here twice, I can see what they meant.

Sadly, this seems to happen anywhere it gets legalized.

Let's see what Easton/Rawlings looks like in Illinois next week.

Feb 15, 2017
We have neighbors of ours who moved out to Colorado about 12 years ago for their jobs as ATCs. They only lasted about two years before they returned to NY. The reason they gave was that Mary Jane legalization made the place into Mos Eisley Spaceport. They said you couldn't go anywhere without the pervasive smell of MJ stinking up everything. After coming out here twice, I can see what they meant.

Sadly, this seems to happen anywhere it gets legalized.

Let's see what Easton/Rawlings looks like in Illinois next week.
DD saw a homeless encampment on the corner of a street in Arvada with the whole group toking. Sad really.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207