Teaching Hitting and the HIP COIL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Sorry to say SL is correct. Doc called and discussed it with Howard. Just like anything, what someone thinks is different than what they are doing first hand when you are there. I'm finding it really funny that all the baseball posters are now coming to this site to post. Some I wish would stay on baseball and talk about how great Rotational hitting is, but it must say alot about how good a product DFP is, if they now are bored on the other sites.

I had a follow-up PM exchange with Doc ... he did not support the near perfect vertical orientation of the rear forearm, and the resulting displacement that takes place from the torso, when one violates the Hanson Principle in this manner.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Interesting so his phone call means nothing? It would appear someone needs to cut and paste that PM ! This site is getting to much like the other sites you spend all day posting on. Do you ever work?

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I suspect that there was a desire by one party to believe that one's usage of the word 'stacking' was the same as the other's usage of the word. In reality, one clearly outlined their forearm in a vertical orientation and defined that as stacking, and the other was more concerned of the stacking relative to the barrel.

May 13, 2008
I suspect that there was a desire by one party to believe that one's usage of the word 'stacking' was the same as the other's usage of the word. In reality, one clearly outlined their forearm in a vertical orientation and defined that as stacking, and the other was more concerned of the stacking relative to the barrel.

Please stop distorting the truth. I've been around Howard a long time now and I've never heard him even one time say to "vertically stack" the forearm. That is all you. You've been told this time and time again, but still like to bring it up and post pictures taken out of context.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Please stop distorting the truth. I've been around Howard a long time now and I've never heard him even one time say to "vertically stack" the forearm. That is all you. You've been told this time and time again, but still like to bring it up and post pictures taken out of context.

Chris
Is this what you mean when you talk about stacked as Howard meant it? Do you have any pictures of your daughter to match up to Casey and Bonds....

DSCN8175.jpgBonds -  Hand Stacked over elbow.jpg

SL

Jan 13, 2012
Sorry to say SL is correct. Doc called and discussed it with Howard. Just like anything, what someone thinks is different than what they are doing first hand when you are there. I'm finding it really funny that all the baseball posters are now slowly coming to this site to post. Some I wish would stay on baseball and argue about how great Rotational hitting is, but it says a bunch about DFP being a good product. I guess they are bored with arguing on the other sites.. I just hope this site doesn't become like the baseball sites, since 90% of it is all arguments trying to out type the other guy. Ken had to boot a few the last time it started and they went back to Hi. Just post facts and support it,if you give advice, we all have opinions.

Two things, that I think need to be made clear.

First, I am not here to "out-type" the other guy. I am here to learn and discuss.
Second, while I am a "baseball guy", I see the swings as the same, and I feel if that I can learn something that helps the softball swing, I can apply it to the baseball swing.

Jan 13, 2012
3)It's not a matter of who has kids playing at what level. It's a matter of information: Are you serious. If we try to emulate the high level swings. The HC/Bustos swing has produced a load of hitters. I have yet to see anyone on this board produce the type or amount of hitters that his nucleus is responsible for. The only time information seems to be important is when it agrees with the side that constantly hides behind clips and and 40 year old writings of baseball experts. Using a time old addage of its impossible to disprove a negative so instead of showing what we can or have accomplished lets keep re hashing the same old crap that no one on this planet can ever hope to agree on.

Its really pretty simple. Those that can get it done do it. Any thing else is just talk.

Tim

I want to discuss #3.

HC is successful. But he hasn't produced another student that does what Bustos does.

Video matches are what matters, i.e. the Hanson Principle. Results are great. But results are short-lived.

Oct 14, 2008
I want to discuss #3.

HC is successful. But he hasn't produced another student that does what Bustos does.

Video matches are what matters, i.e. the Hanson Principle. Results are great. But results are short-lived.

And no one on here besides him has produced even that. You have no idea the amount of high level hitters he has been responsible for. To me and anyone with any common sense If a kid is ranked in the top 20 in the country in the NCAA D1 that is an elite swing in softball. And his teachings to his students and instructors has produced those. I guarantee you it hasnt been accomplished by using the hanson or the tsoh if it were it would be plastered on here on every page.

To my Knowledge no one on here but him has been asked to work with Olympic teams, Not only America,s team but China,s as well.

When you and the others that follow what you do have produced Olympians, NPF Players, All Americans, And all Regions. Then you would have credibility. Until then all you have are empty words.

Tim

May 13, 2008
Yes.

I'll look for pictures later. On my way to the regional semi-final game to watch my DD play.

Here is Jess hitting an inside pitch down the first base line. The camera angle is from behind and isn't a straight on side shot, sorry. Clearly you can see, however, that the forearm is not vertically stacked. This hit went for a triple.

Jess_batlag.JPG

Edit: Oh, and we won the regional semi. Jess went 2-3 with a triple and a single. On to the regional finals this Saturday.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad