Tanel (or Other) Cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
My team has used Ringor cleats for years, but for whatever reason, Ringor has stopped making the royal/black combination that we've always purchased. So we're looking for other options that come in that color combo, rather than going to the solid black Ringors.

Any opinions on Tanel cleats? Or any other options we should look at? I have heard bad things about Boombah's durability.

Thanks!

Wait....I found the Royal/Black in the spikes, do you need the molded?

Diamond Gem Spike - Fastpitch Softball Spike | Ringor Fastpitch Softball

These come in black and royal as well, but select sizes.

http://www.ringor.com/diamond-gem-cleat-5696

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
A little off the subject, but in talking about what the girls are wearing, I can't stand the waist band of the pants rolled over and wish the coaches would make them stop it. It looks so much more polished worn the right way with a belt.

Carry on.....

Jul 26, 2010
A little off the subject, but in talking about what the girls are wearing, I can't stand the waist band of the pants rolled over and wish the coaches would make them stop it. It looks so much more polished worn the right way with a belt.

Carry on.....

Two solutions here: 1.) girls don't like belts, get pants without beltloops. 2.) Complain to the pants manufacturers that they still make pants the same way that they did 20 years ago, but girls wear them differently now.

-W

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
My DD HATES pants without belt loops, she has the tiniest waist and has to wear a belt.

LOL @ complaining to the pants manufacturers, not sure I want to take it that far, I just think it looks bad, like their underwear is sticking out.

Oct 2, 2012
I have 2 daughters and over the years we've had Nike, Mizuno, and Ringor. The Ringors are the only shoes (with the toe and without) that didn't wear out or the cleats themselves wear down. I bought 2 pairs in MArch and had one pair not been outgrown, I'd still have kids wearing them. My older daughter played 80 games last season plus practices and her Ringors are fine. I don't know anything about the brand you are considering.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Wait....I found the Royal/Black in the spikes, do you need the molded?

Diamond Gem Spike - Fastpitch Softball Spike | Ringor Fastpitch Softball

These come in black and royal as well, but select sizes.

Diamond Gem Cleat - Women's Softball Cleat | Ringor Fastpitch Softball

Thanks, but limited sizes means I can't get them for the whole team. Our Ringor rep has confirmed that they will not produce any more in the future.

Amy, it was just an opinion. You like the all-royal, more power to you! :) Royal is more of an accent color for my team this year so I didn't want to have black pants/socks with all-royal shoes.

Jan 24, 2011
Two solutions here: 1.) girls don't like belts, get pants without beltloops. 2.) Complain to the pants manufacturers that they still make pants the same way that they did 20 years ago, but girls wear them differently now.

-W

My 14u team actually prefers having the belts.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
For the pants, just make certain that you order girls pants. I hear good things about the ones called The Gluv. With most girls, the boys pants don't fit, past age 12.

Apr 25, 2010
The Gluv makes some really nice pants. The Boombah pants also fit the girls really well. My DD had a pair as part of her uniform in 2011. They got 1 pair of pants and two shirts to wear all weekend. She had also worn them to many practices since then, and they are still in great condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi