Your honest opinion...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
Any college team would take a girl who could get up, hit a homer, and go back and sit in the corner of the dugout and not say a word. . I don't buy when coaches say "we want players with the right character, good team chemistry....blah blah blah" If your DD can hit a lot of dingers, she'll play, it's all about winning in college.

Dec 30, 2011
At some point in a young players career she has to make the transition from having typical fun to actually enjoying the pressure, challenge and daily hard work if she wants to survive at the higher levels of the game. College softball in packed with stress and all the other things that overwhelm most players at some point. At the college level, any college level, you have to thrive under extreme competition from many angles. You have to thrive under the stress and challenge and most of all you have to be somewhat content with working hard every day to become the very best YOU can be. Not necessarily the best on the team or in the conference but the best YOU can be. You must enjoy the extra work it takes to get that done. College softball may be the most pressure a player ever plays under. At the college level the coach is not necessarily your friend. The coach is looking for your replacement every day in order to better the team. Important to realize is that the coach is depending on 18-22 year old young ladies in order to provide for his family. If you thrive on that kind of pressure and enjoy doing what it takes in extra well planned work in order to become the very best you can possibly then you may survive in college softball. And don't forget the academics. Academics has it own pressures and are even greater for a student-athlete. I could go on with this subject for a long time. Send an email to me if you want more of my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12