Tanel (or Other) Cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
My team has used Ringor cleats for years, but for whatever reason, Ringor has stopped making the royal/black combination that we've always purchased. So we're looking for other options that come in that color combo, rather than going to the solid black Ringors.

Any opinions on Tanel cleats? Or any other options we should look at? I have heard bad things about Boombah's durability.

Thanks!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Have never had Tanel cleats, so I cannot comment on their durability, but for a pitcher, it is hard to beat the Ringor's with the pitching toe!

Dec 8, 2011
My DD has used cleats by both Ringor (originally and for years) and Tanel (most recently) and she loves the Tanels. In her case, she felt they were much more comfortable. So far they have held up well, including the pitching toe.

Jul 26, 2010
I was turned off by Tanel because they don't seem to offer much in the way of metal cleats. You can have black or black, and no pitching toe option. This leads me to believe they're geared more towards younger kids?

-W

Apr 11, 2012
Those Ringor's seem pretty heavy...Mizuno's are really light weight...we wear both navy and red and have lasted great for the position players....pitchers need to add something though. Boombah has some really cool color combinations and seem pretty durable....

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD has had all three; Boombah, Ringor and Tanel. Without a doubt the Boombah's durability is poor IMO. DD is a Pitcher and plays 1st when not pitching. In a matter of 2 weeks, she had managed to literally rip the 2 inside cleats off of both shoes. The customer service was great. We sent a picture of the ripped out cleats/soles of the shoes and they sent us a new pair immediately. They didn't even ask for them back. However, two more tournament weekends went by and the same thing happened again.

The next pair was Tanels. They were a great shoe but DD wore the toe out after 4 months of pitching. I think if we had purchased the Ringor pitching toe they would have lasted much longer and DD thought they were very comfortable but a bit "clunky" as she put it.

The last pair was Ringors with the pitching toe. So far, they have held up very well for the last 6 months of tournament play and practice; keeping our fingers crossed :) DD said they were also the most comfortable for her since she has a wide foot.

All three were molded cleats so I can't speak towards any of their metal spikes. I will say that we will be sticking with Ringors from here on out though.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
Those Ringor's seem pretty heavy...Mizuno's are really light weight...we wear both navy and red and have lasted great for the position players....pitchers need to add something though. Boombah has some really cool color combinations and seem pretty durable....

Ringors are heavy, they have a "diamond" version with mesh sides though that's much lighter. My daughter liked the Mizuno Watley's too, but wore a hole in them 3 weeks into the season (pitching). Ringors are the only cleats she's ever outgrown before she wore out.

-W

Jun 13, 2012
Haven't seen Tanel's, Ringor's or Boomnah's here - at all.

Can speak to kinda ok Nike durability & really sad UnderArmour durability.

My DD is a 9 year old with womens 6.5 feet & seems to destroy ball cleats pretty quickly - versus soccer cleats which look pristine when we have to replace them twice a season due to size). She's on her second pair this year already. A pair of Nike's got her through her regular season - barely. She'd worn through the toe (pitcher, surprise) and had worn the soft rubber cleats down to bare nubs (about 1/4" of cleat left). The UA ones my wife got her to replace them for fall ball have a more rigid cleat material & were gigantic (the cleats themselves were close to 3/4" long) when they were new, but, just 5 weeks in, the hard plastic cleats have been worn down to about the same as the Nike ones. Too bad really, the UA ones had a really nice molded part that went around to cover part of the toe. Looks like they'll end up in the garbage bin before fall ball's even over at this rate.

Kids & their cleats... I tell you

We'll be on the lookout for some of these other brands next time we're shopping south of the line. :)

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
We would absolutely stick with the Ringors if we could still get the color combo we want. We've had very good luck with them, never an issue with them wearing out except when the pitchers DON'T get the pitching toe. The pitchers wear through the regular toes very quickly.

Sounds like Tanels are a pretty good bet based on what I've heard here and elsewhere. I'll be talking about team pricing with them, and maybe give them a shot this year. Otherwise, I guess we stay with the black/black Ringors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi