Tanel (or Other) Cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
We would absolutely stick with the Ringors if we could still get the color combo we want. We've had very good luck with them, never an issue with them wearing out except when the pitchers DON'T get the pitching toe. The pitchers wear through the regular toes very quickly.

Why does colour matter? The shoes do everything you want them to, except have a certain colour. Colour is irrelevant when it comes to performance.

And this is from a girl who just spent $40 on a new pair of batting gloves because they were hot pink (LOVE!)

Apr 11, 2012
Why does colour matter? The shoes do everything you want them to, except have a certain colour. Colour is irrelevant when it comes to performance.
true...but would you buy green shoes for a team that didn't have green as their colors, if it was an awesome deal on the best shoes ever made?

Color does matter and the Ringor are not the only shoes out there....sometimes it is "form over function"

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2009
Ringors with pitchers toe will outlast all, but the Tanel Rev-D with pitchers toe is very good/durable as well.

DD has had both, but recently wanted to go back to a Boombah turf which she says is most comfortable. The Boombah's will need replaced halfway thru the season, but are also half the price.

Caution if you go with Ringors, they run WAY small. Ask a rep for help and een then add a couple of half sizes.

Mar 13, 2010
true...but would you buy green shoes for a team that didn't have green as their colors, if it was an awesome deal on the best shoes ever made?

Well, yes. I'm speaking as someone who is currently wearing purple cleats when only one of my teams has purple in it (the other is red and blue) For softball there are three things that must be chosen soley on how they perform. Glove, bat and shoes. Batting helmets, bags and even batting gloves can be chosen based on colour, but shoes are SO important to how you play and how you feel when playing that I would not risk changing shoes because it doesn't come in the same colour combination as my uniform. And you're talking about navy/black. Most people won't notice.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
It would be easy enough to go with black Ringors, I'm just looking into other options now that the royal/black combo is gone. The all-blue Ringors are garish IMO and I doubt the girls would wear them.

If we're just going to go with black cleats, I'll let the parents go to a local store and buy whatever they feel comfortable with. If the team is going to buy matching cleats, though, they might as well be in team colors.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
We've tried just about every cleat on the market and Ringor is by far the best as far as durability and the black/black shows less of the red clay we have to deal with down here. Like another poster said, its the only cleat she has outgrown rather then destroyed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi