Switching back and forth from End loaded to balance bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2011
Thinking about getting daughter an Rockettech. She has been using a balanced SCN8B 31/21 synergy, but I think she might be ready for heavier bat based on how she is swinging. She is 5-5 105 lbs just turning 12 yr old. She swings the Synergy well and am concerned how te end loaded bat will effect her swing? Also, once you get use to end load can you switch back to balanced bat game to game easily?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Thinking about getting daughter an Rockettech. She has been using a balanced SCN8B 31/21 synergy, but I think she might be ready for heavier bat based on how she is swinging. She is 5-5 105 lbs just turning 12 yr old. She swings the Synergy well and am concerned how te end loaded bat will effect her swing? Also, once you get use to end load can you switch back to balanced bat game to game easily?

Most have a distinct preference for either balanced or endloaded and going back and forth is a big adjustment not easily made. The Nanotek is Anderson's top of the line balanced bat and, IMO, performs as well or better than any post-ABI composite. Regardless, try to swing to see what DD thinks before you drop a lot of cash!

Oct 25, 2009

Have you tried the TPS Xeno? If you haven't, try a 32/22 Xeno if you're moving up from the SCN8B. She will love it.

As a comparison I tested my '04 RT against the Xeno, both 32/22. The Xeno outperformed the RT.

Jun 23, 2011
Never have heard much about the Xenos most girls on my DD team uses Eastons (Stealth and Synergies) and Demarinis. I have thought about moving her up to 32in but wasnt sure if she was tall enough. Thought I would try a -9 vs -10 before moving up in length

Dec 18, 2010
My DD doesn't have any issues doing it. Uses 30/20 1B for select and a 30/21 5B for rec. She did complain a little at first about the balance and weighting but overcame that her first bp.

About moving to a Xeno I'm not for or against any bat but like to get pre-ABI so,just going to post an observation.
Louisville Slugger bats advertised weight seem to be right on the money a 30/20 weighs 20.1 or so.
The higher end Eastons run about 1.5 ozs. heavy.
My DD was using a Catylyst that weighed 20.1 ozs. and complained her bat felt too light. Not wanting to increase length and knowing Eastons run heavy I traded a glove for a Clarity Synergy 30/20 that weighed 21.4 ozs. problem solved she was very happy with the weight.
Then finding some pre-abi NIW I started buying those they are supposed exceed the 98mph limit once well broken in as any other manufactures.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
at 5'5" seems like a 32" is the way to go (plus she will probably keep growing for awhile). I'm no expert but a 32/32 or 32/21 because the longer bat will have a heavier swing weight. Try before you buy! I learned my lesson the expensive way.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Depends on the kid, age playing ability, but in general this is not a good practice. We are not talking about different weighted bats, when you talk end loaded balance. Example kid was swinging a 32-10 and now she moves to a 33-10. This is not the same as a 32-9. You have to understand the balance point of the bat and it's impact to the swing plane. This impact is why many instructors question the heavy bat training approach.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Yes. I was with Howard and CB and we watched a kid swing her RT and she hit it hard. Had been swinging an RT for a long time. Her first move was not good , we gave her a different bat and she hit it harder but now line drives. This was to prove to her she needed to fix her hand path to use the RT.

Oct 25, 2009
Never have heard much about the Xenos most girls on my DD team uses Eastons (Stealth and Synergies) and Demarinis. I have thought about moving her up to 32in but wasnt sure if she was tall enough. Thought I would try a -9 vs -10 before moving up in length

Research the Xeno; you won't be disappointed. Example, a player I work with got a Xeno for Christmas. She's been swinging the purple and white Stealth. She hit about 4 over a 200' 8'-high fence off of a tee with the Stealth over the past month or so. With her Xeno she put 4 well over the fence in just a couple rounds off the tee.

That's just one example. Watch what they do in games. I have nothing to gain by recommending the Xeno; I have just observed the big difference they make in distance and hot off the bat hits.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877