Switching from end loaded to balanced bat - where to start?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
If you have ever called any manufacturer, they will tell you. Just call any company and say you bought a Easton so and so, or LS so and so and it weighed an ounce over. They will tell you their company allows for a +/-. Easton is VERY easy going on their allowance...haha

I wonder if they give the same answer every time. ;-)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Ok then, what would be the difference then to get a bat that is -9 or -8 as opposed to getting an end-load?

A lot of people do buy a -8 or -9 of a more balanced bat to get a more endload feel. I know many people have bought those drops in an LXT to give a little more weight to feel

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Ok then, what would be the difference then to get a bat that is -9 or -8 as opposed to getting an end-load?

Sometimes the difference matters significantly, but other times it makes no more difference than the color or appeal of the graphics. Other than knowing that a batted ball will travel faster and farther when struck with a bat with more mass when swung at the same speed, you never can tell what the difference would be between 2 similar or dissimilar bats without actually swinging and hitting them.

Mar 19, 2014
central Maine
So much to consider it's making my head hurt. Bottom line is DD would like a new bat to either replace or supplement the one she has in case it breaks. Which bat would swing more like her 32/22 cv12, a 33/23 insane or a 32/22 -9 bat? I was looking at a 32/23 Easton fx2 but fear it may be too heavy if it's a couple of ounces over sticker. Plus I'm reading that it takes a while to break in and we typically only play five to seven tournaments per season. She's 5'1" and 136lbs and considered a medium to strong power hitter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd