Swing thoughts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
When DD was still visiting colleges she met a player on the Canadian National Team. While an active player on that team, she is also coaching at the college level in the states. Her bio is pretty impressive...

She already has two Canadian players on her college roster.

https://bucknellbison.com/staff.aspx?staff=96
One of them being Allyse Volpe.. another player from the same national title winning team that Valcke and Stockie played on. Volpe had .900+ BA at the Nationals. I know that's insane, and out of the ordinary, but she also continues to have success in her first year with the Bisons.

"Volpe was the Rookie of the Year in the Patriot League and a First Team All-PL selection in the outfield. She leads the conference in batting average (.399) and on-base percentage (.442), and ranks in the top five in slugging percentage (.531), hits (57), triples (4), and stolen bases (17).

Volpe was the best hitter in the conference when it came to Patriot League only stats. In her 14 games, she hit .531 (26-49) with one double, two triples, 13 runs scored, and eight stolen bases. The freshman had a slugging percentage of .633 and on-base percentage of .566 in league play."

Jun 8, 2016
No I don't, but there are a bunch playing at Wayne State, like 2bro2b said above. There pitcher (Stockie) signed at UTEP, believe she was originally going to San Jose. I believe on that team alone there are 7 or 8 that committed or already are playing somewhere. Valcke decided to stay in Canada, she is a BC Thunderbird I believe. I don't know for sure, but I would say she received multiple offers, her decision to stay in Canada would likely be related to her commitment to both Canadian Nation teams, that's just an assumption, not sure.

Anyway that's just players from one small area in Ontario, BC has some really good teams and talent. For example
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danielle_Lawrie
I have no doubt that there is talent in Canada, my point was about Valcke staying in Canada to play college.....

Jun 8, 2016
What is your point exactly? Not sure I follow pattar
When I look at the way she throws,hits and runs I see a D2 player, maybe a non-power 5 D1, in the US...but I am not a scout and haven't seen her in person ;)

Edit: You asked for thoughts and I am going above and beyond and giving you a whole scouting report. You can thank me later :LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying