Swing Evaluation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Manny here, looks to do it actively. But I do understand what you are saying. Don't pick on this DAD's swing 😅 But to my eyes it still seems to occur at the same time.

I get it. His kinesthetics are all-world when it comes to hitting right? He knows what’s loaded and not loaded etc etc. but his scap gets to its max range after his forward move.

I didn’t mean to pick on you CL. just trying to help.🙂

Oct 2, 2017
I get it. His kinesthetics are all-world when it comes to hitting right? He knows what’s loaded and not loaded etc etc. but his scap gets to its max range after his forward move.

I don't know what your being sarcastic about. I never claimed to know what he knows is loading or not. I've claimed what my eyes see. When I look at mlb hitters. Nothing more or less.

Jun 8, 2016

To be honest things like this are sometimes the difference between doing something naturally vs. thinking about doing something...@clemenslee1 I bet if you just went up there and tried to knock the sh%* out the ball you would probably pull back later in your sequence

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
To be honest things like this are sometimes the difference between doing something naturally vs. thinking about doing something...@clemenslee1 I bet if you just went up there and tried to knock the sh%* out the ball you would probably pull back later....

Yes !!! Doing something ‘naturally’ is what it’s about. Have you ever pulled your bat back to hit something or got your weight back when striking something? A lot of this crap is ‘natural’.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Or simply is this a major issue? Minor issue? Or medium issue?

It could derail her from hitting well at the upper levels. Fix the active hips and the drag should go away. She gets into a good hitting position already. She needs to power her swing with the core not the hips.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I wouldn't think so. Because you can only resist so much before the core etc. Pulls the elbow into the slot. It would cause them to lock up or sync up together, if that makes sense. To use myself as an example, to try and feel this to relay to my DD, I felt the resistance. By the way may swing is not that great, so just bear with it. LOL

It's not that your swing or reasoning is bad. It's just that you are feeling your way through the swing, mechanical.

Relax, you want the core to be active, but you have to relax to be quick/explosive. :cool: :giggle:

Jun 8, 2016
It's not that your swing or reasoning is bad. It's just that you are feeling your way through the swing, mechanical.

Relax, you want the core to be active, but you have to relax to be quick/explosive. :cool: :giggle:
To be fair, he did say he was doing it to try and feel what he has been instructing his DD to do. Truthfully
I cannot swing like that (at least a full swing), jacks me up every time..probably what happens to my DD when I try and tell her something :LOL:

Oct 2, 2017
To be fair, he did say he was doing it to try and feel what he has been instructing his DD to do. Truthfully
I cannot swing like that (at least a full swing), jacks me up every time..probably what happens to my DD when I try and tell her something :LOL:
Im no miggy lol, not even close. Hitting was never really a strength of mine

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207