Swing Evaluation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 28, 2019

Hope this works DD in a bit of a slump. I have a few more swings if needed. This is front toss with hitting coach.

Jun 28, 2019
Unfortunately she has an abundance of power and is still able to hit homeruns even with poor technique. She went on a strikeout bender recently and nearly every swing was under the ball resulting in pop ups or balls that were popped up but managed to get over the fence. Granted it's a short fence 194ft.

Jun 22, 2019
I think there is a lot to like about that swing. She should have a ton of power with that swing. My guess is that she’s trying to hit it out and starts to pull off the ball if she’s popping up or missing low. Tell her to keep her head down and don’t pull the chest and head up.

With that said, she isn’t pulling off on the swings in the video.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Its a pretty good swing. Maybe a little sway. Watch back knee. But what i see is a timing issue. She is early so she is instinctively slowing down to make contact and also reaching for the ball. She it hitting the ball too far out in front especially on outside pitches. I am not sure how to fix it. Lol. Does she hit faster pitching better?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Being early is also contributing to the early arm bar. She does sway and has a form of all back/all forward swing. Would like to see her hand/torso turning back as she strides forward. This would help with her timinh too.

Jun 28, 2019
I'm guessing here
The sway is what she considers her load. The backward movement before she swings.
Should there be a more district separation between negative and positive movements?

What should watch on the back knee?

"Would like to see her hand/torso turning back as she strides forward" any good video examples of this?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812