Sunburn!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Oregon
DD ran around this week in a tank top and now has a bad burn on the outside top of her shoulder. Hurts to raise her arm, she tried to pitch today and was basically only able to sling shot it. I'm thinking game time adrenalin will help her tomorrow, or it could get ugly. Supposed to be cool and rainy this weekend at least!

She's tried aspirin and aloe vera so far. Any other good remedies or ideas?

Thanks

Feb 22, 2013
I always carry around Water Gel. I find it at some pharmacies and have found it at Safeway, once in a while. I have numbed many sunburns with this product. I wish that I was smart enough to carry sunscreen wherever I went, but I am not that smart. But every car I own has water gel in the 1st aid kit.

Its main ingredient is lidocaine, I believe. I think there are some aloe vera sunburn products that contain lidocaine. I only use it on 1st degree sunburns.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I remember way back when they had a product called Solarcaine. I don't even know if they still make it or not but it worked well. I think it's main ingredient, like Water Gel, is/was Lidocaine.

Jan 25, 2011
Oregon
Got some extra strength lidocaine lotion, (alocane) that seemed to help. She was throwing fine and then tweaked her knee in the third inning of first game, when it rains it pours. Other pitcher was already out with a knee injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish