Start of 1st year 12u season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
This is a FYB leveraged position that becomes pass through when swinging..
So, now FYB is not sequence but is a Pass through position. That's what I'm getting at. You can't assume off of a partial clip that stops well short of "Leveraged" position and say it seems or appears that what they are doing is not going to allow them to get said "FYB" by your definition of it. IMO

I cut the Gif shorter, to show what I'm saying. Carpenter sure looks to be controlling with the rear leg

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
I worked with a kid on Sunday who was taught by his dad to stay back.. Once he understood that being back only matters after getting forward his kid was able to get leveraged. His UFA's now start with the weight more lead side while keeping his back foot heel off the ground.
Thats awesome you were able to help that player. I and I don't think anyone else is advocating being stuck back and not getting forward.

Trying to visualize the bold above.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So, now FYB is not sequence but is a Pass through position. That's what I'm getting at. You can't assume off of a partial clip that stops well short of "Leveraged" position and say it seems or appears that what they are doing is not going to allow them to get said "FYB" by your definition of it. IMO

FYB has always been a position of leverage. Its a great way to feel the stretch across the middle, which is what Carpenter was doing in the demo. UFA's create the dynamic flow into the position of fyb leverage.

Like I said its what I see as the difference in the 2 clips.

YKLaUg6.gif

JuYsbc2.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Thats awesome you were able to help that player. I and I don't think anyone else is advocating being stuck back and not getting forward.

Trying to visualize the bold above.

It's the UFA he started from. It allows the lead side to be involved and the back becomes the result after getting forward.

Oct 2, 2017
FYB has always been a position of leverage. Its a great way to feel the stretch across the middle, which is what Carpenter was doing in the demo. UFA's create the dynamic flow into the position of fyb leverage.

Like I said its what I see as the difference in the 2 clips.

YKLaUg6.gif

JuYsbc2.gif
I cut carpenters gif short, what is he doing that you could assume if never seeing this before, that he would be doing to get to Fyb? What UFA's is he doing? He looks to be controlling the sequence with his rear leg there.

How about this one

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I cut carpenters gif short, what is he doing that you could assume if never seeing this before, that he would be doing to get to Fyb? What UFA's is he doing? He looks to be controlling the sequence with his rear leg there.

How about this one

Clem, continue to use your lens and I will use mine ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi