Start of 1st year 12u season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
My point is don't force a segment out of sequence.. Allow the segment to be part of the natural flow into fyb.. Of course if one is referring to the HLP pattern then FYB doesn't matter.
I don't think that its a matter of FYB/sequence doesn't matter. Its a definition thing and how one views the swing whether you want to say HLP or FYB or something else. I don't think most including me are 100% one or the other. I personally care about sequence, which is needed in any hitting philosophy you are talking about and if sequence is what gets a player FYB, HLP, 1 legged, 2 legged, core driven, middle out, or whatever other label, then holy crap, by all means that player is All those things LOL

Jun 8, 2016
The negative move is going to be a bit longer (in time) sequence. Since you said her sequence improves with the preset, do you think she panics (panic is a bit strong but hopefully you get the idea..) a bit worrying about being on time when she doesn't preset and starts to launch too early? I don't see her being in a bad position to move out from when she has the negative move.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What I suggested is not forcing anything out of sequence and natural flow of movements. This needs to be done per player basis and how that player moves. If stabilizing the rear leg/hip is to occur 1st in sequence, the pre-setting vs not pre-setting is not forcing anything. It simply simplifying the process for the player. To allow them to flow naturally. I think that's what you would call UFA
Clem, just pointing out the differences I see.. This sequence of movements appears to be controlled by the rear leg/hip (segment within the sequence which keeps the weight over the rear leg/hip throughout the sequence vs a pass through.

JuYsbc2.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Clem, just pointing out the differences I see.. This sequence of movements appears to be controlled by the rear leg/hip (segment within the sequence which keeps the weight over the rear leg/hip throughout the sequence vs a pass through.

JuYsbc2.gif

Do you have that gif of carpenter you use often during a BP session (He is in a red shirt i believe) that you state is FYB?

Oct 2, 2017
The negative move is going to be a bit longer (in time) sequence. Since you said her sequence improves with the preset, do you think she panics (panic is a bit strong but hopefully you get the idea..) a bit worrying about being on time when she doesn't preset and starts to launch too early? I don't see her being in a bad position to move out from when she has the negative move.
No I don't believe so. It's simply out of sequence, with the upper loading early (really loading at the same time) as the rear leg/hip "Getting" stabilized.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I don't think that its a matter of FYB/sequence doesn't matter. Its a definition thing and how one views the swing whether you want to say HLP or FYB or something else. I don't think most including me are 100% one or the other. I personally care about sequence, which is needed in any hitting philosophy you are talking about and if sequence is what gets a player FYB, HLP, 1 legged, 2 legged, core driven, middle out, or whatever other label, then holy crap, by all means that player is All those things LOL

I worked with a kid on Sunday who was taught by his dad to stay back.. Once he understood that being back only matters after getting forward his kid was able to get leveraged. His UFA's now start with the weight more lead side while keeping his back foot heel off the ground.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I worked with a kid on Sunday who was taught by his dad to stay back.. Once he understood that being back only matters after getting forward his kid was able to get leveraged. His UFA's now start with the weight more lead side while keeping his back foot heel off the ground.

Well said.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30