SNF drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
296m15y.jpg

Jul 11, 2009

Five, are you refuting what Jim said or proving it? Just asking because it seems like any time someone makes a statement and someone immediately posts a video without any comment it is usually meant as a rebuttal. But in this case I see it as being in agreement. Jim said "It should actually be flexed (bent) after toe touch and also after the front heel plants." Which is exactly what your video shows. As you can see the heel is planted and knee does not straighten until foot rolls over on side.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Anyone want to post video of their kids doing this drill?
I will get an updated one as soon as my DD is home on break

SL

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Five, are you refuting what Jim said or proving it? Just asking because it seems like any time someone makes a statement and someone immediately posts a video without any comment it is usually meant as a rebuttal. But in this case I see it as being in agreement. Jim said "It should actually be flexed (bent) after toe touch and also after the front heel plants." Which is exactly what your video shows. As you can see the heel is planted and knee does not straighten until foot rolls over on side.

Hey DaddyO... let me be the first to thank you. I've been looking for the term for what you called the roll-over. I called it scrolling the outer arch after the ???? should it be toe to heel to outer arch??? Where does contact take place in your world ???... thx

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Anyone want to post video of their kids doing this drill?
I will get an updated one as soon as my DD is home on break
SL

I'll give it a shoot...If you get me the link you are talking about to your old one, or the one you wanta see.... It would be an honor to have my DD try and imulate your DD...We "Might" be able to do a drill...??? If not we... it will probably be wrong enough, that it can still be useful to help someone know "what not to do" or I can add it to my huge bluppers file. :cool:

DD owes me... wants to go with a real friend to SC in Oct for a week,& miss 2 days of school...to just play on the beach.... I have to get my insta-gram account set up, so she can swing live 15 mins everyother day...lol She don't want to set up her own DPF, and take her laptop & video camera...:rolleyes:

EP: the friend is very capable of taking my big camera and tri-pod... and filming her swings, but DD squashed that... :{(( I think DD is a little jealous of her friends passion for photography.... the kid is very creative, and is playing the Sax... I wanted a clip,from the trip... and call it "Fall...Swinging Barefoot on the Beach" still might be able to overide DD, because the family could get lotz of vacation clips, they have 2 other much younger girls and DD's friend would get her first shot @ being Author, producer, director, 1st camera...on the vacation gig...instead of 2nd camera in all my stuff. She knows these 12 second Pitching?Swinging clips that I want is way too easy....if she can get the superstar motivated... lol

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I'll give it a shoot...If you get me the link you are talking about to your old one, or the one you wanta see.... It would be an honor to have my DD try and imulate your DD...We "Might" be able to do a drill...??? If not we... it will probably be wrong enough, that it can still be useful to help someone know "what not to do" or I can add it to my huge bluppers file. :cool:

DD owes me... wants to go with a real friend to SC in Oct for a week,& miss 2 days of school...to just play on the beach.... I have to get my insta-gram account set up, so she can swing live 15 mins everyother day...lol She don't want to set up her own DPF, and take her laptop & video camera...:rolleyes:

EP: the friend is very capable of taking my big camera and tri-pod... and filming her swings, but DD squashed that... :{(( I think DD is a little jealous of her friends passion for photography.... the kid is very creative, and is playing the Sax... I wanted a clip,from the trip... and call it "Fall...Swinging Barefoot on the Beach" still might be able to overide DD, because the family could get lotz of vacation clips, they have 2 other much younger girls and DD's friend would get her first shot @ being Author, producer, director, 1st camera...on the vacation gig...instead of 2nd camera in all my stuff. She knows these 12 second Pitching?Swinging clips that I want is way too easy....if she can get the superstar motivated... lol

Casey SNF 2013 - YouTube

Swingbuilder at BBD told me to have Casey lift the stride foot of the ground and really fire off with pushing with the pad and big toe of other foot.
That is similar to are normal Elvis move in the swing we teach...

SL

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Casey SNF 2013 - YouTube

Swingbuilder at BBD told me to have Casey lift the stride foot of the ground and really fire off with pushing with the pad and big toe of other foot.
That is similar to are normal Elvis move in the swing we teach.... SL

Got it... Sydney has seen this one.... She likes doing it :{)) THX... time to move DD up from our "Fantasy Fastpitch" game of copying my Super Heroes ...to getting a bead on her own game...

EP: I watched the "Balance & Elvis Move".... 1st time... Awesome !!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi