Small ball is ....dead?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Yes, that's true. You can also tell by the swing, but if their first swing results in a screaming line drive, it's a little late to adjust. :D

May 1, 2011
I was just having this conversation with my wife last night. She played college ball in the late 90's. We were at the batting cages with my two little girls working on some stuff, and when were were all done, she hit some off the pitching machine with a composite bat (first time she'd ever swung one her size). When she was all done, she said she understood why small ball was somewhat of a forgotten art. Here's a good question. Who was the last team to win a National Title that really emphasized small ball. I mean, yeah pretty much every team you watch has a slapper or two, but I mean a team who's main way of putting runs on the board was slapping and bunting people over and such.

May 22, 2011
so many things go in cycles and trends, and allthough most schools will continue to swing for the gaps i would expect some schools to go back to small ball and slappers, along with concentrating on good defense and drop ball pitchers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA