Its High School Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2019
this play can’t be that common. you would have to a real piece of work to even use it.

Oct 3, 2019
There certainly aren't a bunch of D2 coaches just falling out of trees, but where I live it's a district person who gets first dibs on a position. The problem is the math teacher who wants the position will be offered the job before the outside qualified coach.
Yet they wouldn't think twice when they have to lay off that math teacher.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
This happened to my DD's High School team today. One of the parents said after the game he heard the batter admit to the umpire she knew it was ball 3 after she was called back to the plate.

How is that not an interference/out call if it's a deliberate attempt to confuse the defense?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yet they wouldn't think twice when they have to lay off that math teacher.
And, what's your point? Math teachers in my district average $125K per year. With tenure, it takes an act of Congress to get rid of them.

The point was they aren't qualified coaches, for the most part. Would you want the coach getting a math tutoring job over a qualified math teacher just because they already worked in the district? Of course not...

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Holy sh*%...I need to move to where you live (and I could probably at least pretend to be a coach..).
Teachers make serious money here, but I also pay exorbitant taxes to support those salaries. My property taxes alone are $18K per year, and for that, I get the privilege of driving on the worst roads NY can produce.

Oct 3, 2019
And, what's your point? Math teachers in my district average $125K per year. With tenure, it takes an act of Congress to get rid of them.

The point was they aren't qualified coaches, for the most part. Would you want the coach getting a math tutoring job over a qualified math teacher just because they already worked in the district? Of course not...
My point was the same as your point. Putting the teacher first in line for the coaching job, probably because they “need the money”, but not blinking twice when they want to lay them off. 🙄

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009

Wow, I am in my 37th year of teaching, have a Master's Degree+ and I am not close to that amount. By not close, I mean not within $45,000. Also, in the district I retired from, I was given one year to win as a HC in two sports that were not know for winning. We won. LOL (I am now teaching in another state but the amount of money I made/make is about the same.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13