Sac bunt/error

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Thank you - at the time of the game I scored it just error to get her on base. Then kept looking to see how I could have scored it differently but didn't see that or hadn't used that option before. I figured there had to be an option though! I did just end up editing the stats and making it a SAC with the error.
Now I know - and it'll probably never happen again ;)

May 29, 2015
It is not a sacrifice if the runner reaches 1st base. It is an error. If you award her a sacrifice because you are only concerned with her stat, then you are not doing the rest of the game justice. You are taking away an error on the thrower.

Your girl still gets an RBI, and her On Base Percentage (to me, more important than Batting Average) gets credited. She is also awarded a base for her total bases.

Better to be longitudinal accurate than by a single game.

I guess I’m lying if I ever say I read the rulebook cover-to-cover as I’ve never read the scorekeeper section. I’m not a scorekeeper and I’ve never even looked at a “game changer” ... but @CoachYodaD’s logic makes the most sense to me. What logic is there that a sacrifice does not count as an at bat?

Oct 4, 2018
Thank you - at the time of the game I scored it just error to get her on base. Then kept looking to see how I could have scored it differently but didn't see that or hadn't used that option before. I figured there had to be an option though! I did just end up editing the stats and making it a SAC with the error.
Now I know - and it'll probably never happen again ;)

I'm about 6 months in on Game Changer and know exactly what you went through. During a game it's really hard to keep up when you don't know the software really well. I sometimes get a pitch or two behind when things don't go well and I can't find the right options.

And of course the crazy girls on our team do all kinds of abnormal plays that are hard to score. I'll admit sometimes I don't get every detail of a two-error pickle correct. :p

Oct 4, 2018
I guess I’m lying if I ever say I read the rulebook cover-to-cover as I’ve never read the scorekeeper section. I’m not a scorekeeper and I’ve never even looked at a “game changer” ... but @CoachYodaD’s logic makes the most sense to me. What logic is there that a sacrifice does not count as an at bat?

Logic?

Sac flies have not counted as at bats for 100+ years. Just the way it is.

Oct 13, 2017
Blue, you might ought to do a little more reading. A sacrifice does not count as an atbat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apr 1, 2017
And of course the crazy girls on our team do all kinds of abnormal plays that are hard to score. I'll admit sometimes I don't get every detail of a two-error pickle correct. :p

So you don't score the 6-5-3-1-8-7-4 out at 3rd correctly??? Me either...

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
I'm about 6 months in on Game Changer and know exactly what you went through. During a game it's really hard to keep up when you don't know the software really well. I sometimes get a pitch or two behind when things don't go well and I can't find the right options.

I've been using it for 3 years now and surprisingly this scenario hasn't come up much. Or maybe I didn't pay attention to stats and just scored it an error.
I was going to try to go back and fix it when the inning ended if I could have found it - I've had to screenshot the plays so I can redo everything before.

Pickles are so fun to try to score! I try to follow - there was one time where DD was playing SS and they were trying to pick off the girl at 3rd and I completely didn't even realize at one point that she had started covering 3rd and made the tag on the girl. Oh that was my kid?? They all start looking the same after a while.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez