Role of HS AD and Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
Most of everything I know about Fastpitch I've learned here :). I learned about the NCAA clearinghouse from DD HS college counselor. When my 2014 daughter got a invite to a clinic last week at the only college we had expressed interest in playing last year -online- (NAIA out if state) I asked our AD when he thought we needed to plan the trip. He said not until fall Sr year - he does know the school well just moving from that state.

This all prompted me to wonder- was I expecting more info from him than I should? Same question about HS coach - who played in the last 5 yrs at DIII nationals level. Do these positions open doors generally if they can? DD enrolled in private school, not public. Thx!

Oct 14, 2008
Most of everything I know about Fastpitch I've learned here :). I learned about the NCAA clearinghouse from DD HS college counselor. When my 2014 daughter got a invite to a clinic last week at the only college we had expressed interest in playing last year -online- (NAIA out if state) I asked our AD when he thought we needed to plan the trip. He said not until fall Sr year - he does know the school well just moving from that state.

This all prompted me to wonder- was I expecting more info from him than I should? Same question about HS coach - who played in the last 5 yrs at DIII nationals level. Do these positions open doors generally if they can? DD enrolled in private school, not public. Thx!

In my opinion Fall of her senior year is to late to attend a clinic in a college they are interested in. The coach can contact after aug 1 of her going in to her senior season. Use the junior year to attend camps and make visits and upgrade the score on the ACT. Second year 16 their junior year is their most important recruiting time.

Tim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32