Cost of college and scholarships

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
My understanding is if you are getting any money at all, whether it is need based, academic based, athletic based, or other, the school is probably going to want you fill out a FAFSA. Though I could be wrong on that.
My ds, who receives a merit scholarship, is not required to complete the FAFSA or CSS profile anymore, since it is purely academic based.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Is the FAFSA (or CSS) required even if you know you will not get need based aid or any federal money? Can you opt out of it? I assume it is school dependent, but figured I'd ask anyway.
My understanding is if you are getting any money at all, whether it is need based, academic based, athletic based, or other, the school is probably going to want you fill out a FAFSA. Though I could be wrong on that.
My ds, who receives a merit scholarship, is not required to complete the FAFSA or CSS profile anymore, since it is purely academic based.
Good to know. My DDs school requests one (she gets academic money) so maybe it varies by school. I don't know what what would happen if we did not fill one out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles