Rip it Fielders Mask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Now, Schutt needs to attach that to a helmet.

Worth makes one that they can't keep in stock. Men's slow pitch are trying to cover their complete head, not just the face. I think that they are on to something.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Titanium face-masks could be one of the next best things, I believe. They look cool and titanium is so light and strong. This could be an amazing thing. The GameFace just looks too bulky and heavy, I would not want to wear that. I do use a helmet with an e-mask on it, the plastic faceguard and love that. However, an even lighter with lots of room to see titanium face guard for a helmet would be amazing.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Isn't it odd how different we all are? I wear the Gameface exclusively and have for years. But, I can't see out of a batting helmet with the e-mask, at all.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Amy, we are lucky that there are so many different products out there for us. I struggled seeing out of a traditional metal face mask helmet. I already have eyesight problems, but switching to the e-mask has allowed me to use what vision I do have.

I'm near sighted in one eye and far sighted in the other. To fully correct everything, it would be so strong and such different prescriptions that I would see two of everything. Therefore, I wear one contact in my left eye to fix that one. However, I have narrowed peripheral vision in both eyes (people can sure sneak up behind me and scare me good!) as well as vision that would never be fully correctable. They recommend that I don't get my right eye poked out anytime soon, because I'll have issues!

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
My DD wears a gameface. She likes it because it's lighter than the metal masks she's tried from team mates. I don't like the game face because it seems to restrict air flow around her face. When she comes in from fielding her face is beet red. Thank Goodness for Frog Togs and thanks to who ever started the thread about those here. They have been a big help with heat managment this year. Hopefully the new lighter schutt will get the nod of approval from her, air flow on that would beat the heck out of her game face.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Many men are using shaved bats and they try to "hit middle" (nail the pitcher.) I am guessing that men are seriously injured in slow pitch at least once a month, from line drives.

Some die, and some never fully recover.

So, I know guys that are using the Worth pitchers helmet or lacrosse helmets http://www.amazon.com/Worth-Pitch-Softball-Pitchers-Faceguard/dp/B0031KIN5K, because when the ball is coming at you that fast, your natural tendency is to turn your head.

One strange point about slow pitch, 99.9 % of the players do not wear batting helmets, so they are getting injured by the thrown ball, when they are running the bases.

May 8, 2009
Florida
My daughter has the Rip IT. She did not like the Game Face design. I did call Rip It about whether or not it should be replaced after a hard hit. The response was no, it will handle a lifetime of hits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321