Rently purchased LS Xeno 32/21 for DD, need practice bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 20, 2015
Recently we purchsed a 2016 Xeno plus for our DD. We are now looking for an alloy bat that will be comprable in weight and balance for her to use in the cage this winter and in spring games before it warms up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD had a -10 Xeno and it just felt different than anything I could find, I am not sure about a -11.

I just started having her use it all the time, against the recommend usage and it survived just fine.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
So your plan is to have her learn and practice one way and then do something different when it come time to reap the fruits of her hours of hard work? I always though you should make practice as much like the real thing as possible.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Why not get a 32/22 for an off season practice bat? Once she gets used to swinging it, her 31/21 will feel light and quick by comparison.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Look for a used xeno 32/21. Could probably find one as cheap as a new alloy, plus you won't have to listen to that pinging noise all winter in the cages

Oct 20, 2015
I just want to clarify, the only time she would not be practicing with the Xeno would be in cage with dimpled balls and in their early season games (last season they played more than a couple games with temps in upper 40 degree weather). All of her other practicing would be done wirh the Xeno bat, just wanted a bat very similar when she is swinging in the cage for the most part. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Oct 10, 2011
Ok, here is my tip of the day.....go to Ebay and buy the bat below for any price less than $250, then use your 2016 Xeno for batting practice and use this bat for games. You will thank me later.....and the best part is when your DD outgrows it you will be able to sell it on Ebay for more than you paid for it, assuming it is not added to the ASA banned bat list.

Easton Synergy CNT SCN1B 31 21 10 ASA Fastpitch Softball Bat Very RARE | eBay
You crack me up JAD....but I agree totally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish