Bat Advice (Stealth, Vendetta, X12)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2020
Miami, FL
Hi all. I’m looking for a bat to buy for my niece for her 9th birthday. She is currently swinging a LS Proven (30/17) in 8U travel ball but will be moving up to 10U kid pitch in the fall. I have played and coached softball but never at such a young age so I’ve been struggling to find the right bat for her. I was thinking of either the 2018 Easton Stealth Hyperlite, 2018 LS X12 or 2019 Demarini Vendetta all in 29/17 size. Does anybody have opinions on these bats or have suggestions for another bat that would work well for her? Also any suggestions on length/weight? She has a LS Xeno in 29/18 and says she likes the size of that bat but we bought it used and think one of the inner disks is off and that’s why she doesn’t like to actually hit with it. Because she doesn’t like to hit with it I cannot tell you if she’s really been able to handle its size. Thanks for any help in finding her a bat!

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Do you think that maybe the Xeno is a bit heavy for her? My daughter uses a 29/18 Xeno and its almost 2oz heavier than labeled.
As far as those bats, the Stealth might be the better of them. The X12 had horrible reviews from what Ive read on it in the past.
If you are set on getting her a -12 bat, I have a very lightly used 2019 29/17 LXT that Id sell. Also have a few other 29/18 bats as well. Message me if interested and I can get you some pictures of them.

May 5, 2019
Well bat sizing at this age is always an adventure! I have always found that a balanced bat at this age works best, as end loaded bats tend to promote dropping of hand etc. in younger hitters. I would target a drop 12 (30/18) if she is a smaller player and maybe a drop 11 (30/19) if she's on the stronger size. I will absolutely say this, over the next 3 years you will potentially change bat sizes a few times, so really look at the used bat market for a good quality bat. Facebook Market place, ebay , and even here are good options. Any of the Demarini CF series are good bats, my favorite being the CF9, and the Louisville Slugger LXT are also examples of balanced bats that typically sell for $300 dollars new, that in the used market you can find for $75-100. If you absolutely have to have a new one I would not spend too much for the reason I mentioned above, but the Demarini Vendetta is a good starter bat as well that are reasonably priced, but hard to resell used. Good Luck!

Sep 7, 2020
My dtr used the x12 and loved it. We actually have it home and could possibly pass it on for a very good deal if your interested. Send me a message if you would like more info.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

May 4, 2020
Hi all. I’m looking for a bat to buy for my niece for her 9th birthday. She is currently swinging a LS Proven (30/17) in 8U travel ball but will be moving up to 10U kid pitch in the fall. I have played and coached softball but never at such a young age so I’ve been struggling to find the right bat for her. I was thinking of either the 2018 Easton Stealth Hyperlite, 2018 LS X12 or 2019 Demarini Vendetta all in 29/17 size. Does anybody have opinions on these bats or have suggestions for another bat that would work well for her? Also any suggestions on length/weight? She has a LS Xeno in 29/18 and says she likes the size of that bat but we bought it used and think one of the inner disks is off and that’s why she doesn’t like to actually hit with it. Because she doesn’t like to hit with it I cannot tell you if she’s really been able to handle its size. Thanks for any help in finding her a bat!
I would go with what John is suggesting the lightly used LXT. The 3 bats you mentioned are decent bats but you can do better.
With younger girls it’s all about a nice light bat, with a big sweet spot, that doesn’t sting on contact.
I would suggest at least a two piece bat for smooth pain free contact. The LXT Demarini CF, Demarini Prism would be my top choices.
Honorable mention would be Rawlings Velo. Not quite as big a barrel but light & a little easier on the budget.
For exact size I would need players height & weight.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Im not a fan of any Xeno, LXT, Ghost below 30inches...the barrels are so tiny and weights are usually
way more than sticker. Until you hit 30inch, then the barrels start getting better. But thats just my
thought.
Mizunos, Demars...even the cheaper models of the other brands work better. Like an Easton FRZ...which
is a drop12...but will be more of a drop11. But way cheaper than a Ghost for a kid so young and bigger
barrel.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anna used a 30” Miken Icon, it was a great bat, in fact it turned into the entire team bat! OP, check your local area or Play it again Sports for one.

Check out this Miken Freak NXT Light.

Remember, unless little girls brothers are hitting rocks with her bat, bats this size are hardly ever hurt, most aren’t even broken it!

That old Icon looked like it had been drug behind a truck around town for several miles, it was one tough little composite bat with a ton of pop!

Dec 29, 2020
Miami, FL
Like an Easton FRZ...which is a drop12...but will be more of a drop11. But way cheaper than a Ghost for a kid so young and bigger

Do you think the Easton Stealth Hyperlite is comparable to the FRZ? My understanding is that the FRZ is the newer version of the Stealth Hyperlite but I'm not sure if the bat composition has changed in the past 2-3 years.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Anna used a 30” Miken Icon, it was a great bat, in fact it turned into the entire team bat! OP, check your local area or Play it again Sports for one.

That old Icon looked like it had been drug behind a truck around town for several miles, it was one tough little composite bat with a ton of pop!

Man, did I love those old Miken little fp bats...the Icon, Rain...think there was another one. Great bats and
durable as heck.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Do you think the Easton Stealth Hyperlite is comparable to the FRZ? My understanding is that the FRZ is the newer version of the Stealth Hyperlite but I'm not sure if the bat composition has changed in the past 2-3 years.

I like new bats only because of warranties...you dont know who owned the bat before and who beat the snot out of it. Magic eraser cleans a bat up really well and everybody knows it. Now, if price is right,
then that doesnt matter. Price is key for used bat!

As for the Hyper and FRZ...again, price would be key for me. I mean, Im not paying 50 bucks more for
one over the other. At the age your dd is at, bat compostion change shouldnt be that big of a concern
if there even was any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802